Steam account recovery - asking for a friend...

Associate
Logged in via my phone. Aside from a few spam messages to my friends list, seems ok.

lesson learnt.
I don't know how effective it is, but something I've done on my steam account is also enable the steam family view, meaning if they manage to log in with the username and password, bypass the 2FA, they still need the PIN to bypass the family view before doing anything.

Soldato
OP
I don't know how effective it is, but something I've done on my steam account is also enable the steam family view, meaning if they manage to log in with the username and password, bypass the 2FA, they still need the PIN to bypass the family view before doing anything.
Nice, didn’t know that but I’ll definitely be doing it now.

Soldato
I'm really surprised they did it so quickly, Steam CS is amongst the worst (read totally incompetent) there is.

I'm even more surprised your VAC status wasn't wrecked.

Soldato
OP
Seems it happened a lot. It was from what appeared to be Shroud’s twitch stream. Actively advertising skins with banners on the stream, and the link I followed was posted by a Twitch ‘bot’ in the feed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ere2zy/twitch_used_as_a_platform_for_a_steam_phishing/

Edit: link added

Another edit: Seems it’s an entirely fake stream. No idea how this works, but it definitely got me!

Yet another edit: Why am I publicly admitting to being so gullible, or at least being someone who doesn’t pay attention when they’re just bored and clicking around on tinterwebs??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom