Steam christmas sale 2010... *twitch*

Got Trials 2 and it's great, it's driving me up the bloody wall though, some of the sections are nearly impossible, I think on one level I had nearly 200 attempts at clearing a round!
Works quite well with the xbox controller too.

I've got tons of games that have a form of DRM, and I've never had to resort to illegal means to play any of them...

Just because it hasbn't happened to you, doesn't mean it can't happen to someone else.
I have a copy of Chronicles of riddick, which I ran out of activations for. I was bounced between steam, tages, and Atari, and never got any new activations.
So if I wanted to play that, I can't play it legally.
To be clear: I don't play it at all, since the experience has soured the game for me. I vowed to avoid games with limited numbers of activations.

Looking at the Starforce website you can deactivate the game when you've finished with it and get the "token" back. The point of limits is to prevent you installing on hundreds of PCs at once.

Then problem with that is, you can end up with multiple games in your library like that. So you have to remember which of your games you need to do this with, and do it for each one. It's a hassle we shou;dn't have to deal with.

I don't like GFWL, but they do get this right: you usually get 5 activations per game, per month. They get reset automatically every 30 days. If you have to have limited use activations, that's the way to do it.

Got Trials 2 and it's great, it's driving me up the bloody wall though, some of the sections are nearly impossible, I think on one level I had nearly 200 attempts at clearing a round!
Works quite well with the xbox controller too.

Awesome game, that shop game and this are my favourite indie games so far, incredibly addictive! Braid and Trine are great so far too.

I got the "broke every bone in body" achievement in Trials 2, pretty early on actually, so yes it's tough!

g9aph.jpg

Last edited:
got deluxe myself also! like someone said! whats a fiver these days?

(some right tight gits on here :))

my reason for not getting it, is that I want a version to include the DLCs, I didn't fancy spending more on DLCs for a year old game than I spend on the damn game itself. Escpecially when a combination pack is available state side already through Impulse, just region locked.

I would assume a GOTY or full version will be available through steam soon also.

Risen is not bad at all but the ending was a bit ordinary. I did have a lot of fun with it though and i think its worth the £10er. WOP the graphics in that game is fantastic and its pretty easy to pick up and play. It does have a "sim" mode but its not hardcore in any sense. The DRM is idiotic and will be the last game I buy with that sort of protection.

as i was abit on the fence with this game ill give it a pass after the suggestion of a bad DRM.

I just talked myself out of buying this. Heart was saying "yeah, buy it now, its only 6 quid, and you loved SH3 and 4, this will have better graphics and everything". Then the brain took over and checked out sub sim forums to see if the game had been rescued by mods. The fact that there are no super mods available for the game speaks volumes. Brain won, aggravation not even worth 6 quid.

Same here. I decided against it in the end.

Back
Top Bottom