Steam christmas sale 2010... *twitch*

Caporegime
What is the game like generally to play anyway? Is the single player career good?

Haven't played single player yet, went straight into mp. It's quite fun but I was left in the dust. The higher rank you are, the better cars you get. My opponents were off in the distance so you can't really use any power ups to slow them down. You just get stuck in a tussle with people who are the same rank as you, really. And getting a full game of 10+ people on the PC version seems like an impossible task.

Will try single player later but I wouldn't recommend this [Blur] to anyone on PC as there simply isn't enough people who play to make it worthwhile.

Permabanned
I already gathered that the multiplayer was rather dead so I would only consider getting this if the SP was worthwhile. Like it is in the PGR games which are made by the same studio. I fear Blur isn't in the same league though.

Associate
Just started Just Cause 2 and pretty impressed so far but wondering if people think its worth using a 360 pad with it or are keyboard controls the way to go? Don't have the adaptor yet for my pc but will probably end up getting it.

Soldato
Mouse all the way.

The loss of fine-tuning your aim does not make up for the gain in vehicle control. Honestly i find theres very little point in using vehicles at all once you master the art of Parachute gliding which is faster than the majority of cars you can easily get hold of and has the added ability of going through/over forests or up hills and the like and of course is more readily available. And really the handling isn't that difficult anyway bar the supercars which handle fine once you get up to top speed.

Aircraft are a different matter, helicopters are easy to control either way and planes are easy to control but practically useless for anything but challenges and exploration. The military planes are seriously destructive but since you can't hover with them the best you can do is a fly by which don't tend to cause much damage over circling the area with a chopper.

Caporegime
Loss of fine tuning your aim? It's got the most generous auto aim i've ever seen in a game, there is no fine tuning to be done.

Soldato
Loss of fine tuning your aim? It's got the most generous auto aim i've ever seen in a game, there is no fine tuning to be done.

Sure, if you don't want to aim for the head yourself and prefer to let the game play itself for you :rolleyes:

They might re-run some of the more popular ones but not all of them.

Back
Top Bottom