Steam Link and Steam Controller now available to Pre Order

I'm pretty tempted by this, sometimes I do just fancy lounging on the sofa and playing Cities Skylines or Tomb Raider.

My Gaming PC is in a different room to my TV though about 6m away, this won't be a problem will it? On the VM 200 interwebz package.

Might get the link for Crimbo and use my XB1 controller for it.

Anyone know if you can set more than 4 custom keys on the left touchpad (can you set the diagonals as well as the up, down, left, right), would be handy for dota as i use a 360 controller atm with my spells on the stick and hitting diagonals leads to mistakes quite a lot. Why cant you get these from amazon or anywhere other than steam for that matter?

I have a mini PC (I think its powered by an atom bay trail or something) in the living room, but honestly its such a pain to power up and ensure its updated etc. just for steam streaming. I will sell it and get a steam Link for when I want to play FIFA on the sofa or co-op stuff with friends.

Did these come out much earlier for those that preordered ages ago then?

I have a mini PC (I think its powered by an atom bay trail or something) in the living room, but honestly its such a pain to power up and ensure its updated etc. just for steam streaming. I will sell it and get a steam Link for when I want to play FIFA on the sofa or co-op stuff with friends.

Did these come out much earlier for those that preordered ages ago then?

I believe so. Current pre-orders should be delivered by Nov 10th iirc.

I hear the left analog stick is too close to the middle of the controller it hurts your thumb because of stretching. I have that same issue using the PS4 controller. The analog sticks are too close to middle. Xbox One is the best controller for gaming. Nobody does it better.

I hear the left analog stick is too close to the middle of the controller it hurts your thumb because of stretching. I have that same issue using the PS4 controller. The analog sticks are too close to middle. Xbox One is the best controller for gaming. Nobody does it better.
Cant play Cities Skylines with an XB1 controller, though.

The steam link looks very interesting, initial thoughts for steam controller; garbage for fps, may track well for RTS games.

Would ideally want to try it out before buying one, but I doubt any game shops will have it out to test anywhere near me :(

From what I can tell the Controller is not as good as a keyboard and mouse and not as good as a 360 controller. So kind of pointless.

Seems to be getting mixed reviews, but I'd say you'd need to wait a few months for people to properly try it out and any kinks to be ironed out etc. From looking at a few of the comments under the reviews it seems to be more favourable from people that have spent some time getting used to it.

I was hoping it would be good as I'm not a massive fan of the XB pad, especially for fighting games. Will hold off a while and see what becomes of it.

Back
Top Bottom