*** Steam Sale - confirmed by Valve****

Associate
Anybody played 7 days to die, see its on sale and might be something i like.

Had loads of potential but it's been in early access since 2013, I gave up on it being finished a few years back. What is there is mostly good though, like Minecraft with better graphics and zombies. But rather than try finish what they had, they just kept adding things before fixing old things. They're currently on alpha build 20! With 21 on the cards. Worth it still but I think it'll likely be 2023 before they're "finished" with it.

Soldato
Bought Grim Dawn for a fiver. Managed to restrain myself from buying all the DLC, given that this type of game tends to have enough to do in just the base game that I'll not manage to complete it anyway.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Pretty sure that the most recent, modern day version is "Road Redemption"
Yeah, that was nothing like I was expecting. But not unexpected when it was just a couple of guys working on it. Was just silly procedurally generated maps.

I wanted 3DO Road Rash brought to the 21st century. Loved racing, winning cash and buying better bikes. Loved all the different characters and how depending on how you was to them while racing they would react to that after the race at the bar. Then next race they would be more aggressive. Building on all that would be awesome.

Associate
Had loads of potential but it's been in early access since 2013, I gave up on it being finished a few years back. What is there is mostly good though, like Minecraft with better graphics and zombies. But rather than try finish what they had, they just kept adding things before fixing old things. They're currently on alpha build 20! With 21 on the cards. Worth it still but I think it'll likely be 2023 before they're "finished" with it.

as a player who bought it at ALpha 4, to see it go this far and still being in EA is actually quite insulting, the development team dont have leadership in my view.
As stated above, they add more items, more items to cause server bugs and update graphics rather than fix core game play and get the game in a state that works, even the menu system is a let down based on how long its been gone on for.

For reference, i originally gave up on 7DTD around Alpha 9, I did go back and play some around alpha 14, which was a pleasant surprise as the graphics had been massively updated and that was about it, I found everything else a let down and ive not touched it since.

What I will say though is;
their vision for the game was something incredible and how it originally looked and was moving forward, I had a number of friends who was interested in the game, some picked it up, but everyone has dropped it now for the same reasons as above. They had a money maker and a game which could transfer the organisation, they clearly made some wrong choices along the way.
If you want a laugh, check out what happened to 7DTD on console, ouchiesssss.

Associate
as a player who bought it at ALpha 4, to see it go this far and still being in EA is actually quite insulting, the development team dont have leadership in my view.
As stated above, they add more items, more items to cause server bugs and update graphics rather than fix core game play and get the game in a state that works, even the menu system is a let down based on how long its been gone on for.

For reference, i originally gave up on 7DTD around Alpha 9, I did go back and play some around alpha 14, which was a pleasant surprise as the graphics had been massively updated and that was about it, I found everything else a let down and ive not touched it since.

What I will say though is;
their vision for the game was something incredible and how it originally looked and was moving forward, I had a number of friends who was interested in the game, some picked it up, but everyone has dropped it now for the same reasons as above. They had a money maker and a game which could transfer the organisation, they clearly made some wrong choices along the way.
If you want a laugh, check out what happened to 7DTD on console, ouchiesssss.

Agreed, I was playing it back in early days too when it was still Minecraft blocks, even like that simple style it was still good, but they just kept adding things before finishing the basics. It's still a good game now, but the feature bloat is insane, I honestly think the whole company has got a tunnel vision about adding features rather than finishing it. I do go back and check most major updates every few months, they have made good progress, but it's almost like they're adding neon under lights and flashy rims to a car that still has a bit of a dodgy engine.

Also every update would mean people having to rebuild the wiped maps and people just got fed up with it after building huge bases. If they ever actually finish it it will legitimately be a great game in the crafting and zombie genre, if they ever finish it.

V F

V F

Soldato
So there is a reason that made the MotoGP games special. Wicked in game editors that you can share with other players to use.

Associate
Really feels like the Steam sales benefits aren't what they used to be. There are so many offers available on the various stores now, free games from Epic, and xbox game pass with basically 100's of games for £8\month (or less if you do the VPN tricks) that the value from Steam sales has plummeted.

Soldato
Really feels like the Steam sales benefits aren't what they used to be. There are so many offers available on the various stores now, free games from Epic, and xbox game pass with basically 100's of games for £8\month (or less if you do the VPN tricks) that the value from Steam sales has plummeted.

I mean you're stating the obvious here mate. "Steam sales aren't what they use to be" needs to be the thread title for any further steam thread.

Soldato
I'm getting annoyed at buying games then they come onto gamepass a few months later:cry:. Just started playing serious sam 4 on pc, then noticed its on gamepass:mad::p.

Soldato
Nothing ever takes my fancy on the sale nowadays..

Indeed - I always find the best sales outside of Steam, obviously it's the publishers who set the prices so they don't feel the need to give amazing discounts anymore since I'd say a good majority of people buy within Steam. But isthereanydeal.com and gg.deals you can compare the price and Steam is rarely the best.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The one game that I saw at a decent price was Forza 4. I never did pick that up, but at the lower price I may do in the winter sale. Don’t see the point in paying the extra for Forza 5 as I am not enough of a fan of the series and based on what I have seen there is not much difference between the two.

Certain games can only be purchased from steam itself as no keys are sold, so steam sales come in handy for those.

Back
Top Bottom