Steam Summer Sale 2022

Soldato
Bought Crisis 3 not because I haven't played it but it was one of the games I lost when my email address was hacked and a couple of the launchers made it very difficult to recover my accounts and because there is so little that interests me even to try in the sale.

I was going to ask why you didn't go for the Remastered version but then I remembered it's still Epic exclusive for the time being

Soldato
Bought a few cheap more casual games:

Polybridge 2 - had seen videos of people playing this, looked like my kind of thing and it is indeed quite a nice casual game, even if it doesn't have the character of, say, World of Goo.

A short Hike - cute sort of mini exploration game with delightfully low stakes

Dirt 4 - not played yet and haven't played racing games recently, but was cheap and enjoyed Dirta and dipping into Dirt 2 now and then years ago...

Also the original medieval total war, although from reviews it sounds like the only chance of getting this stable in a modern pc is to run it in a windows XP VM...

Soldato
Quick before the sale ends: I have £6 in my steam wallet from selling trading cards - what hidden gem should I buy? :D

Not sure if it is a hidden gem but Grim Dawn is a good game, and leaves you a bit over too. :p

And if you like the game you can buy the DLC's later as they open new areas (Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods is the DLC's I referring to. Crubible Mode is more like an arena where you go in a fight mobs and get some rewards, no exploration in that DLC)

Soldato
Absolutely agree with the above.

So, ended up getting Hitman 3, Persona 4 Golden and Bayonetta/Vanquish bundle.

Gotta stock up on Japanese titles since JLPT N1 probably didn't go as planned:p

Wanted to replay Witcher 3 in Polish for the hilarious dialogues and swearies when the RT update comes out but I'll probably be stuck with Japanese games for the next six months:p

Soldato
Quite enjoying the fun arcade nature of Hot Wheels Unleashed I picked up last week from CD Keys, but struggling to see any of the three "season pass" bundles anywhere but Steam and whether it's worth spending ~£15 per pass.

Back
Top Bottom