*** Steam Summer Sale - Selection of games upto 85% off ***

I haz 4090!
Don
I bought Borderlands. Really enjoying it at the moment, I didn't realise it was quest based. A couple of lads from work have it, it's loads of fun in co-op :)

Soldato
i purchased the crysis pack and it did not cost that much , has it gone up ?
His prices are higher because he is in the Channel Islands (god knows why, but that's how it is for some reason). It is still £14.99 for the UK. Which is itself not a very good sale price FWIW.

(actually I see some of his prices are the same as I get, but others are higher. Weird.)
:D :D Steam gives me two different prices to choose from :D :D

crysis-3.png

Last edited:
Associate
I loved Just Cause 2, but hated Prototype :p

I loved JC2 and Prototype was one of the most frustrating slogs I've ever had the misfortune to trek through. I did finish it, but it was mostly out of spite.

It's pure rinse and repeat and while JC2 doesn't have a world beating plot, it dances all over Prototype's garbled disaster of a story. Everything that was good about Prototype has been done better before or since and it's flaws are numerous and facepunchingly tedious.

£12.49 is an absurdly high amount to pay for it, especially considering the absolutely brilliant games that have been on sale for less than £2.

Soldato
Tempted by Crysis, I don't have a cd-rom so steam would be ideal. I got them on Disk but don't know where the disks are and can't install anyway lol. I did enjoy what I played but I can't keep hammering my card lol.

Associate
Is the Crysis Complete Pack worth buying for £15?

crysis pack its well worth that, imo crysis its one of the best FPS out there, i have put like 25-30 hours in crysis and warhead, i love that you can do every part of the game different (what to go gunsblazing and destroy everything in sight ? DO IT, want to use stealth for most of the game and kill them ala mgs ? DO IT, want to sniper every one ? DO IT)

they had TONS of mods and configuration files (if you find that the game in DELTA, hardest difficulty, its too easy, they are cfg that can change that)

i say everyone should play them, i love crysis...

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone tell me how big the download is for Borderlands and all three DLC's? It says 7,996.4 meg but im at 8,169 already.
I paused and restarted the computer half way through, after about a gig of download. Is it muffed?

think it was about 11.5gb in total including the 3 dlc's
but the folder itself is only holding 10.4gb

Associate
Just bought the 2 good borderlands DLC's (Zombie Island and Secret Armoury) and borderlands is updating 3gig of stuff, so the 8gig mark must be just vanilla and as Amnesia said with his file size the extra 3 gig the DLC's.

Anyhoo my first purchases of the sale (ive been good :D) though if Just Cause 2 is there at 6 Ill be getting that as well.

Soldato
my ISP provider can't be happy - Im up to 70 gig downloads this month and most has been Steam ! lol - especially with likes of Ghost Busters being 11gig

Associate
Just bought the 2 good borderlands DLC's (Zombie Island and Secret Armoury) and borderlands is updating 3gig of stuff, so the 8gig mark must be just vanilla and as Amnesia said with his file size the extra 3 gig the DLC's.

Anyhoo my first purchases of the sale (ive been good :D) though if Just Cause 2 is there at 6 Ill be getting that as well.

Same. Been after Torchlight, Borderlands, SC:C and JC2 for ages. Obviously grabbed the first two already, so crossing my fingers some some bargain prices of the others. Been a great sale this, could've very easily spent a whole lot more cash if I hadn't limited myself to just certain games at the start.

Back
Top Bottom