Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Soldato
How true.....

first_contact.png

from here
https://www.chapelcomic.com/38/

Soldato
I am enjoying the game but I do wish they would show you more things with frontier outposts and things.

I have no idea at the moment when it's safe to remove an outpost, it doesn't show me which zone of control would be lost. Likewise when building one, it doesn't show what zone of control it would gain.

Permabanned
Really quite liking this was playing for a while last night. Easy to get into for a Paradox game. The sector auto manage thing is cool.

Not sure why you can't zoom out to the galaxy map with the mouse wheel. Annoying.

Soldato
picked this up yesterday and although not normally my kind of game i'm having a blast.

that was until I got absolutely stomped by a superior alien race :(

my imperial empire will rise once again though :)

Soldato
The more I try new things more new things pop up.
We are all stuck to the materialistic bonuses but the other options are more fun for a more complex game.
Went to a theocracy and the moment I found the first colony starter getting messages for divert ethics or additional ones to pick from side effects.

Just an hour of play later and there are 5-6 types of colonists I can pick wth various ethics.
Then learned that I shouldnt make an area of the map full of disidents because they revolt buildng their own empire. While from the very start they demand indepedence.

Caporegime
I found a damn good cheat, which really helped against the boredom of Influence!

Press the ` key top left, in the command box enter ' Influence 500 ' , number can be increased as per preference. Others can be used too ' Minerals 1000 '

Soldato
I found a damn good cheat, which really helped against the boredom of Influence!

Press the ` key top left, in the command box enter ' Influence 500 ' , number can be increased as per preference. Others can be used too ' Minerals 1000 '

That's not exactly a cheat, it's the in-game console. You can set up practically anything - government type, planetary control, leader stats - then get stamped into the ground by a coalition of the Kilrathi and racist 'shrooms in your custom setup.

Associate
Whenever I've used Sectors, the planets have gone nowhere. The AI on (well, most things) the Governors is pretty poor. I honestly think you're better off taking the hit and micromanaging things, at the moment.

Associate
Whenever I've used Sectors, the planets have gone nowhere. The AI on (well, most things) the Governors is pretty poor. I honestly think you're better off taking the hit and micromanaging things, at the moment.

Yes the sector AI is abysmal. I use 2 addons from the workshop, one increases the amount of planets you can control. The other removes the influence cost of adding/removing planets in sectors. I still use sectors but only after I have built up the planet myself first.

Soldato

There are few oversights by the players regarding the AI governors, expecting miracles.

They do damn good job, if you set the correct budget, the correct taxes and the correct settings of what you want them to do.
They will not clear out areas nor build buildings, if you strip them apart of the resources needed. Especially money.
If your regional treasury is empty, they will do nothing, because they pay 25/50/75% taxes (what ever you tell them to do). So without resources they cannot build and you earn less in the long run from the provinces.

You need to always have 200+ energy and 500+ minerals at least in the treasure of each region, so they can upgrade and in turn they will pay you 25/50/75% of the profits.
Make sure the policies for the area are correctly set. (the 2 round buttons).

Soldato
Hmm, how many of you have gotten the Private Colony Ship tech?

Saw it tonight and adds flavour to the game mechanics from the very first colony!!!!!
(first time I saw the tech for over 60h played).

Soldato
I have it, but have no idea what it does :)

It raises the ethic divergence of the first colonist, hence the colony.

Thats my first two colonies after few years when I picked a normal Colony ship to build.

2_zpstaxedgoh.png

1_zpscqbwfkyi.png

The game truly become chaotic and very complex from the start. AND I LOVE IT.

Started a new play through tonight with spiritualism and individualism. A lot of new and weird events from the start....

Soldato
I have it, but have no idea what it does :)

You mean you haven't built anything at a spaceport yet?

Private Colony Ships cost 100M less to construct and are made 100 days faster, but you don't get to pick the colonist. Generally this won't matter, especially if you're racially and ethically unified or you only build from your homeworld, but if you specifically want to create a colony for a certain type of people - giving integrated vassal xenos their own world, for example, or establishing a slave mine planet - it's a drawback.

Associate
There are few oversights by the players regarding the AI governors, expecting miracles.

They do damn good job, if you set the correct budget, the correct taxes and the correct settings of what you want them to do.
They will not clear out areas nor build buildings, if you strip them apart of the resources needed. Especially money.
If your regional treasury is empty, they will do nothing, because they pay 25/50/75% taxes (what ever you tell them to do). So without resources they cannot build and you earn less in the long run from the provinces.

You need to always have 200+ energy and 500+ minerals at least in the treasure of each region, so they can upgrade and in turn they will pay you 25/50/75% of the profits.
Make sure the policies for the area are correctly set. (the 2 round buttons).

This doesn't always work though. I've had planets in sectors that had thousands in energy and minerals and never upgraded from the colony ship shelter.

Back
Top Bottom