Sticky work situation - what would you do?

Soldato
Another update - after having my panic attacks come back after a holiday (when getting ready to go to work) I made another appointment with my GP, and he recommended I put my health first. He offered a sick note, however of course I wouldn't be able to keep the Shop open with this so I declined.

Looks like I'm leaving.

Horrible things, you never know if you dont try. you will most likely be happier working for your self and being your own boss.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Another update - after having my panic attacks come back after a holiday (when getting ready to go to work) I made another appointment with my GP, and he recommended I put my health first. He offered a sick note, however of course I wouldn't be able to keep the Shop open with this so I declined.

Looks like I'm leaving.

You're young enough to take the risk dude. The Rover business might not be sustainable for many years but it's earning you money and comfort in the mean time. You can then enjoy your twenties and live whilst still providing for your loving young family :) You're one of those guys who will always find something, not work shy and will do anything. I don't even know why you're worried. You also don't need to live in Burnley, major plus! (unless you live in the Worsthorne/Clivager side).

Soldato
OP
Quick update for you all - still working for myself and going very well.
I now have a fully functioning online shop over at Link Edited - no business promotion please! - any feedback (apart from the awful pictures, I'm fixing those soon!) is welcome.

Currently taking around £400 per day, and looking to attend lots of shows and meets in the New Year.

Thanks to all for your support!

Soldato
go with the parts business

I've never met anyone rich doing a 9-5 job, yet I know of three friends who all started their own business and are shall we say, very comfortable.

ok, so you might not become a millionaire selling rover parts, but I'll tell you now, you won't get anywhere in a call centre 9-5. You have the business already setup, it's a no brainer. If it doesn't work out, just get another job.

Soldato
Personally I'd drop the job if you can afford to drop the extra cash. If you find that you cannot afford to drop all of the cash find a more local job that will make up the difference, You don't have to enjoy it or have it as the dream job, After all you will be leaving your current place of employment to spend more time with your family now that you potentially have limited time left with one of them.

If you find your situation changes you can adjust your income accordingly further down the line.

Soldato
OP
Another update:
Today I found out that at my old call centre job staff now have to put their hand up for help, and have to ask if they can go to the toilet!

Over at my gaff I've just secured a rather large contract for the supply of spares for other marques - first I'll be going Jag and Ford. Moving onwards and upwards. :)

Associate
I'd keep both until you've got a good amount saved up, and only then considering doing the switch.

I have recently done this, moving from working 3 jobs to just 2 and cutting my weekly hours by 25. Totally worth it. More free time to do whatever the hell you want, even if the income is less.

Life is too short to waste it on call centre work.

Edit: Necro quote lol. Still a bit relevant to everyone though..

Soldato
Another update:
Today I found out that at my old call centre job staff now have to put their hand up for help, and have to ask if they can go to the toilet!

Over at my gaff I've just secured a rather large contract for the supply of spares for other marques - first I'll be going Jag and Ford. Moving onwards and upwards. :)

Can you get mini parts added (as in the real mini, not Fritz mini)?

Soldato
Another update:

When you say "call centre" do you actually mean "primary school"? :p

Honestly - I can't see why anyone with any self-respect would work in an environment like that! Bet you're glad you got out when you did :)

Back
Top Bottom