Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
Losing interest 4 episodes into season 2....it's just too dark and grim...there's no fun in it anymore.

It's just turned into a cheesy horror flick....the constant loud abrupt transitions are so naff.

Soldato
My partner and I both enjoyed season 2, and binged through the lot of it over the last weekend.

Got to wait a year now for season 3 :(

Caporegime
Losing interest 4 episodes into season 2....it's just too dark and grim...there's no fun in it anymore.

It's just turned into a cheesy horror flick....the constant loud abrupt transitions are so naff.

It’s not that, I don’t even find it scary because at no point I feel any of the cast is in danger, at all. So it becomes a slow transition scene until the next scene when someone go look for them if they are missing or treat them if they are injured but they all survive. At least so far from how far I’ve watched (ep4).

Soldato
It’s not that, I don’t even find it scary because at no point I feel any of the cast is in danger, at all. So it becomes a slow transition scene until the next scene when someone go look for them if they are missing or treat them if they are injured but they all survive. At least so far from how far I’ve watched (ep4).

I dont think you're supposed to watch it because it's scary.

Man of Honour
for some reason, I thought these were pretty much standalone seasons but they aren't :(
I can remember enough detail of what happened over a year ago. don't know if i should carry on, or give up and wait for all seasons to be made and watch it like that.

Soldato
Not enjoying the second series as much as the first so far. Up to ep6 now and just feels like it's treading water :/

Soldato

Yeah, great line. Also, where do I know the reporter guy from?

....it's just too dark and grim...there's no fun in it anymore.

Maybe it's this. I don't think I enjoyed S2 as much as I did S1, I don't particularly like horror etc. Maybe it's just the novelty is not there now.

Ep7 is very odd. Almost like they had the idea after filming the rest of it and crowbar'd it in there.

Soldato
Yeah, great line. Also, where do I know the reporter guy from?

Maybe it's this. I don't think I enjoyed S2 as much as I did S1, I don't particularly like horror etc. Maybe it's just the novelty is not there now.

Ep7 is very odd. Almost like they had the idea after filming the rest of it and crowbar'd it in there.

Watched episode 5 last night...meh. It was fun when it was an 80's style bunch of kids on an adventure show and the 'scariness' was secondary. The series has flipped it round though so it's now just a lame horror show. The big crescendo -> abrupt scene change is really starting to grate as it's used every other scene.

Don't get me started on the ridiculous 'map' they create....from hundreds of sheets of paper all with identical straight lines on them....so contrived. Then Samwise turning and......ugh. It's just bad.

Soldato
I feel the opposite to be honest. I felt the first was a lot more tense and had more of a focus on the horror aspect. The second seemed to have a lot more comedic scenes and was more focused on a sci-fi feel than a horror, though I agree the loud transitions can be tiresome.

To me Season 1 was alien and Season 2 was Aliens.

Caporegime
I really enjoyed it, my only complaint is
that they kept eleven separate from the group right up until the final episode. I would have liked to see more interaction between her and the gang.

Caporegime
Decent show but insanely overhyped by the types of people who read comic books and think super hero films are awesome.
I agree. It's very overhyped and fashionable to 20 something's that just didn't live the 80s.

I get the younger people at work asking me what it was like to be in the 80s.... Are you ***ing serious?

It's a decent enough series, not a patch on the first. I hope they keep making it but honestly if it died off, meh. So be it.

Associate
Watched the last episode of season 2 last night thoroughly enjoyed the series as much as the first.

Roll on seasons 3 & 4

Cheers all

Permabanned
Just finished Season 1. Very much enjoyed it, love the 80s vibe and the music. The intro music is great and David Bowie's Heroes cover by Peter Gabriel was fantastic.

Song in question:

Dustin reminds me so much of that actor from the comedy series Outnumbered:

outnumbered-2-a.jpg

Season 2 tomorrow!

Man of Honour
Just finished binging it and I thought it was excellent! Might have preferred it to season 1 tbh.

Gotta agree with Shami where I wish 11 spent more time with the main group

Associate
I found Season 2 very disappointing if I'm honest. First season was far more tense and mysterious where as this season had none of that for me. They glossed over the parts I thought were interesting and spent a good 4 or 5 hours of pure filler just spinning the wheels. Introduced so many meaningless characters.

First season was probably a project they spent years and years writing and this season just seems like a rushed follow up. Still well made and enjoyable but 6/10 territory for me.

Back
Top Bottom