Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Soldato
The more I use Guile, the more I discover that hes difficult to use :)

I actually find using Shotos easier!

I think Guile is difficult to use 'very well' but he's easy to use at a reasonable level. For example, online in ranked on the PC, if I use Guile I find I win 2-3 games for every one I lose, and that's just by abusing sonic booms and cr.hp anti air. I can't use Guile as an attacking player, I just sit back and let them come to me.

You up for some games now???

Man of Honour
you did watch the:

Street.Fighter.Assassin's.Fist.2014.mkv 1,471,579kb version, that is made seamless into 1 movie, very high quality :p

...good shows movie

The creators are making it into a movie themselves with a chunk of additional footage that's not in the segments released so far.

Soldato
I think Guile is difficult to use 'very well' but he's easy to use at a reasonable level. For example, online in ranked on the PC, if I use Guile I find I win 2-3 games for every one I lose, and that's just by abusing sonic booms and cr.hp anti air. I can't use Guile as an attacking player, I just sit back and let them come to me.

You up for some games now???

Hey bud, I just saw your message now, sorry I was out all day!

Im on now if you care to whoop my ass :)

Soldato
Strike that, Im losing games to even people ranked D. Something really royally screwed up with my connection recently, this lag is killing my timings.

Any advice about how to improve the lag?

E: Infact Im frikking raging since last night. Im losing to some really crappy games and it has well and truly messed with my game.

*Throws stick at window in fit of rage and goes to preorder Destiny where no skill is involved * :D

Last edited:
Soldato
You can only do so much from your end.
The usual like making sure your ports are forwarded on your router:
TCP port 80
UDP and TCP port 3074
UDP port 88
UDP and TCP port 53
TCP port 443

Also host the games yourself and wait for around 5-10seconds before accepting a game to see if it changes form green to yellow.

Most of it will be the other person. yay for Britain's and Capcom's netcode! :D

Just watched Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist.... WOW Not only is it ace coz its SF but as a stand alone movie it's really well done! Can't wait for the next one, apparently it's a series.

Loved the Dan reference!! :D
Blu ray is out the end of October, will probably get it for the deleted scenes.
The next one is supposedly title the world warrior. Fingers crossed we'll see tonnes of characters introduced, really going to be interested how they get their moves in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cav, ever since Capcom removed GFWL from the PC version, I've found the online to be completely and utterly ruined. They have released a patch or two claiming they've fixed it but they haven't... online in ranked mode is still much worse than it use to be.

If you're having problems with lag, you need to play people from your friends list who you know have a decent connection. I've played maddness and drive cancel a fair bit and those games are much better then the horrible laggy games I end up getting in ranked mode.

Soldato
No worries bud, its gonna be tough to have a game today, going to be out all day and then have to do some work in the evening!

Perhaps during the week, would very much like to do a training session if you're up for it? (For Shotos at least :))

nok

nok

Associate
Hey everyone, I used to play old school street fighter and the capcom vs snk series. I tried playing ultra sf4 yesterday and got totally battered. My problem is that I am trying to play this game like old school street fighter which of course doesnt work at all. I know that I need to spend time learning the new combos but id rather just play the game lol. Anyway if anyone is up for some games let me know. I do not have the latest version of the game at the but can upgrade. I only have access via the PC so I know this will limit who I can play against. On a side note does anyone still play sf2hd? I have been thinking of picking up an old xbox 360 depending on how many people still play it.

Man of Honour
SFIV plays almost identically to Super Turbo except it's much more defensive rather than allowing much aggression.

Combo's are far less important than good fundamentals, which if you were good at SFII you'll have already.

People on OcUK generally won't like the older fighting games due to the increased difficulty, but SFII:HDR is a fantastic fighting game.

I can try and teach you the basics if you want, I'm online now. My Steam name is Kreeeee.

nok

nok

Associate
Cool, that sounds good. I have just bought the update and it is downloading now. It will take about 30mins to download so not sure if you will still be around. I have sent you a friend request on steam. My steam name is pulpasis.

Man of Honour
I'll still be on.

The new version lets you do online training mode which is ideal to show you the ropes.

I'll be using Evil Ryu, Balrog, M.Bison and Poison. Are you yet another Ryu player?

Last edited:

nok

nok

Associate
Thanks for the Welcome elrasho and thanks for the tutorial and games Kreeeee. I have a lot to learn. Off to the training room lol.

Back
Top Bottom