Struggling to work out what the issue is here - cable, networking card or EE SH router?

Soldato
So I plugged in a cheap long cable and that seems fine/better

Hurts to have to be considering replacing the cable (it's expensive for me).

:(
I would test this longer term, I know it sucks having a cable trailed about the place but if it works then the wall cable is 100% the cause and the sparky who did the job in the first place should be held accountable.

Associate
OP
Been using my M1 Mac today and that's fine :(

Looks like the company I bought the PC from are going to be terrible in regards to getting the money back (or what I can get back). I can only hope it's not too long.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been using my M1 Mac today and that's fine :(

Looks like the company I bought the PC from are going to be terrible in regards to getting the money back (or what I can get back). I can only hope it's not too long.
Is it under warranty? Presumably it'll be a mobo swap?

Associate
OP
Is it under warranty? Presumably it'll be a mobo swap?
I’m hoping it just needs a different board now (but this one’s already been replaced like for like, so I’m just a bit stumped as to whether that can be the issue still)

Company is also proving very difficult to get to do things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m hoping it just needs a different board now (but this one’s already been replaced like for like, so I’m just a bit stumped as to whether that can be the issue still)

Company is also proving very difficult to get to do things.
In all fairness it screams very odd. There is no reason why it shouldn't work

Associate
If Wireshark is showing that the Ethernet adapter is dropping out then I’d say NIC issue but strange how your USB NICs are doing the same. Is the bios up to date?

Associate
Hard to say much more really especially if the same cable run works fine with other devices. With the board being swapped, I seriously wonder if it could be a issue between chipset and ryzen soc as wireshark is detecting the NIC dropping out not cable issue with that error message.
But would expect the system to have more than just Ethernet issues if that was the case so just a theory tbh..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hard to say much more really especially if the same cable run works fine with other devices. With the board being swapped, I seriously wonder if it could be a issue between chipset and ryzen soc as wireshark is detecting the NIC dropping out not cable issue with that error message.
But would expect the system to have more than just Ethernet issues if that was the case so just a theory tbh..
Hmm. It certainly is difficult, although seems logical that it might have something to do with AMD (my old PC had an Intel processor and also worked fine)

Back
Top Bottom