Stupid Mistake!!

Soldato
OP
Another update to this never ending case :mad:

The letters came through today from the DVLA and the court,

From the DVLA's point of view my license has been revoked as of today and I am to send my counterpart and plastic license off to them asap and apply for another provisional, this was my plan anyway.

But then when I looked at what the court have written on my counterpart I have been given offence codes LC24 (permitting someone to drive without a license) but 0 points and IN10 (driving without insurance) and the fine and 6 points.

Now this is all well apart from I was expecting to be given the code IN14 (permitting someone to drive without insurance) as this is what I pleaded guilty to in court.

So I spoke to the court today and they said I pleaded guilty to driving without insurance and there seems to be a bit of confusion so the case will have to be reopened but this can take two weeks. They asked me to send a letter in explaining the sitation and ask for the case to be reopened but until then there is nothing I can do.

So I then rang the DVLA asking what I should do about sending my license to them because obviously it has the wrong codes on and will have to be looked at again in court but they have asked me to still send it in and they will also contact the court.

To top it all off when I spoke to the court they have me down as defendant not present at court even though I was there on the day :|

I am going to write a letter to the court tomorrow like they have asked and send off my license to the DVLA but this just means it drags out the process of me applying for another license.

So back to the busses as of today for me and god knows when I will be able to get back in for my theory and practical test.

It makes me wonder how a court can be so useless...

Soldato
OP
Just a quick update for anyone whos interested,

It took around 3 weeks to get another provisional from the DVLA after a lot of phone calls,

Then got straight in for my theory test at the start of Feb and passed and booked my practical test the same day,

It was yesterday and I passed first time with two minors (same as my last test),

I had 6 hours worth of driving lessons with my old driving instructor and felt test ready but was still fairly nervous yesterday morning!!

I payed my insurance outright last october so didnt cancel my policy, rang them up as soon as I got in yesterday to inform them of my convictions and all is well and I am now back on the road.

Ran an insurance quote and when I come to renew it will go up around £200 but thats a lot less than I expected,

Lesson learnt!!

On a side note I never heard anything back from the courts (surprise surprise),

Thanks for all the advice,

Sam

Back
Top Bottom