Subnautica

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone's played this and what there opinion is?

I've see that the game has had a bit of a big update.

I'm looking for another survive and build game, it's a shame it's not multi-player, but then, I prefer PvE over PvP.
So is it worth the £15?

Associate
Just wondering if anyone's played this and what there opinion is?

I've see that the game has had a bit of a big update.

I'm looking for another survive and build game, it's a shame it's not multi-player, but then, I prefer PvE over PvP.
So is it worth the £15?

Get it on Steam and try it, give it back if you don't like it... Thats what I did.

Soldato
It works with the DK2 :)

how well though? Having a read on steam forums...some folk say they can get it to work (0.8 oculus runtime and experimental subnautica build) but fps is quite bad and some viewing problems. But it looks like its almost there. This is one game that i really want for the DK2 :)

Associate
I bought this game purely to play on the DK2.
However once I got it, the actual experience is not good. There was no proper UI for it and so a lot of the game was rendered useless.
However, just pottering around in VR is nice. I love the underwater stuff :)
Haven't tried it with 0.8 though as so much else has broken since I updated.
It may be miles better now.

Soldato
OP
Been playing it this morning and really enjoyed myself, been sticking close to the life boat, so just been learning the game, nothing big and bad's tried to kill me yet. :p

Soldato
OP
I've got problems now.

A stalker followed me home because I had food in my hand, but now that I don't have any food, he's not happy with me and keeps swimming around my lifeboat...

Associate
I've been following this for a while and will probably end up getting it once there is a bit more to do. Frankie has done a few good lets play videos on it.

Soldato
I've got problems now.

A stalker followed me home because I had food in my hand, but now that I don't have any food, he's not happy with me and keeps swimming around my lifeboat...

From the Wikia:

It is possible to tame a Stalker by feeding them Peepers. A tamed stalker will follow you and bring you metal salvage. Stalkers will become feral again if not fed.

I assume this is still the case.

Really need to start playing this again. It's one of the most atmospheric games for years.

Associate
Haven't got it myself yet but watched Markipliers videos on it and it looks pretty good.

Something for yon side of Dragon's Dogma/X-Com 2 methinks.

Associate
Just got this myself after seeing the update - is definitely one of my favourite Early Access titles to date as it doesn't feel WIP or bug ridden.

Soldato
OP
Did do a little recording of this, but can't link due to my rather liberal use of the English language. :p

Took me awhile to find the parts to make a builder tool, was a bugger trying to find silver around the seaweed forest.
Looking forward to putting some more time into this on the weekend and having a go at building a base.

Back
Top Bottom