Subnautica

Associate
Saw a solar eclipse in-game last night. Awesome!

Finally got my act together and built the seamoth, gravity gun thing and laser cutter so had a good explore around the aurora and deep distant ocean until something big and loud came up behind me and ate half the seamoth in one bite. I didnt turn round to look, just pegged it out of there.

I think no I need to spend an hour or so resource gathering and try and build a base now.

Associate
Had a couple funny moments with warpers..

while stick in wreckages, a warper nearby decides to be a helpful Samaritan and warps me out of the wreckage haha

saved me from drowning a couple times !

also the mezmers.. when I couldn't see them nor knew what they were but they were doing their voodoo magic I just thought my PDA had gone rogue and decided I was no longer worthy of life haha

Soldato
I think it's very sad that people are putting up loads of negative reviews on Steam now that the sound dev has been fired. I don't agree with SJW crap, but these days you need to be very careful about how you put yourself across on social media, and you should make sure that you keep your work and home life separate. He posted stuff that can be called into question and the company have separated themselves from him because, naturally, that's what you'd do in this situation. It's laughable how people are boycotting that decision by giving the game poor reviews, and Steam should be removing them as they have no reflection whatsoever on the game.

Man of Honour
I think it's very sad that people are putting up loads of negative reviews on Steam now that the sound dev has been fired. I don't agree with SJW crap, but these days you need to be very careful about how you put yourself across on social media, and you should make sure that you keep your work and home life separate. He posted stuff that can be called into question and the company have separated themselves from him because, naturally, that's what you'd do in this situation. It's laughable how people are boycotting that decision by giving the game poor reviews, and Steam should be removing them as they have no reflection whatsoever on the game.

Completely agreed on all counts. Sadly lots of idiots in the world.

Soldato
Its difficult to know what my progress is. For example I'm fairly sure I'm working on end game objectives but I don't have a Cyclops yet, and am struggling to find the pieces.

But yet I'm on a time limit now, iykwim

Soldato
Its difficult to know what my progress is. For example I'm fairly sure I'm working on end game objectives but I don't have a Cyclops yet, and am struggling to find the pieces.

But yet I'm on a time limit now, iykwim

Are you about to be picked up by Sunbeam?

Soldato
That got shot down 20 hours ago

Ah... In that case you're definitely ahead of me and I can't offer any advice :p When that countdown for Sunbeam happened, I literally thought I was finished already :p
I'm about 11hrs in or so and just got a Cyclops - Try using the scanner room to scan for wrecks and go out and explore some more - There are a lot of bits you need to find for the Cyclops that's for sure

Soldato
BTW, useful tip i just figured out... I've started building micro-bases all over. 1 tube with a hatch and a solar panel. Enough space for some lockers and a fabricator, plus other bits.

Soldato
The SJW crap is beyond pathetic and I haven't seen the bad reviews yet as I'm doing a full rebuild of the water loop on my PC at the moment. Missing the game terribly though even though I've finished it.

Glad to see everyone enjoying it here. I was watching WorthABuy's (Macky) YT channel earlier and even he likes it despite his oversights that he sometimes has.

Soldato
I finally found both the last vehicle mod bay and mod station parts in the same room in the same wreck! Really happy with that

Weirdly, the room was also bugged. I dropped my laser cutter trying to get in and it disappeared through the floor so I went after it.... right through the floor! Stuck and couldnt get out so had to save scum to get to that point again!

So thats it bar a few upgrades I now have everything I need to get to the end game. Really enjoying this, glad I didnt really play much during the early access, saved the best till last

Caporegime
Actually I don't mind boycotting the game for firing someone in order to be/appear to be more PC.

They fired him due to hate-mongering by the SJW community, plain and simple. Now they're reaping the whirlwind, in the form of a backlash from the gamer community.

You need to realise that the SJW community don't have boundaries, they can and do say whatever they want. Storm universities and cafes, shouting people down, calling people racist all over the shop. They behave with impunity and are empowered by all the companies that react like this one did.

So yeah, I'm glad people are boycotting this product. Maybe it's a good game. But appeasing the psychopathic extreme SJW crowd is bad for gaming. Because they seek to shape gaming into a political tool to push their own agenda. Your lead character must be openly bisexual. There must be some trans character who the audience will sympathise with. All your female characters must be bad-asses, etc, etc. It's a cancer.

Firing their sound guy for - let's face it - pretty uncontroversial comments to my mind, reinforces that these guys are the "good" guys and legitimises their extreme actions. I for one won't be playing this after reading what happened.

e: And it worked as intended. Lead dev now saying he's "really sorry" they didn't make the protagonist a women from the start, and says this was a big mistake. He also now says he really wants his team to be 50/50 male/female, and how this is really important to him, and what he really care most about now is having coloured and trans people on the dev team.

So literally his game has been successfully turned into a political platform. If that's not enough cancer to boycott this entire studio I don't know what is. I want my game to be games, not political tools for extremists.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If someone doesnt want to buy a game because they disagree with the actions of the game company, thats fair enough, thats their choice.

The thing which bugs me are the bad reviews. Its just bloody stupid and petty minded. I search for peoples opinions on a game for their opinions on the game, not for their opinions on a company or a person. I dont review how good or bad the Pyramids are by what the Egyptian government are like, I review the Pyramids for what the Pyramids are. I dont review a novel by Stephen King by what I think of Stephen King, I review it by how good a story it is. I dont review Deadpool by what I think of Ryan Reynolds opinions on stuff, I review it by whether its a good movie or not.

Like you, I want my games to be games, and logically because of that I want my games reviews to be game reviews, not reviews of beliefs or opinions.

Soldato
So literally his game has been successfully turned into a political platform.

It's been turned into a political platform by a bunch of basement dwelling alt-right dweebs that can't get it into their thick heads that if you want to post racist crap on public social media channels, don't do it on accounts linked to your workplace.

Dumbass deserved to be fired for stupidity, let alone the drivel he posted.

Boycott as well, lol, it'll end up getting a sales boost from the publicity as usual. It was on my list anyway but I'll make sure to pick it up full price just to annoy the dorks.

Soldato
Aye. Couldn't care less about people trying to make a statement by not buying it, there's only one group of people declaring their hate for the devs and that's the ones trying to review bomb it.

Oh, that fell over as soon as they realised they had to put more than 24 hours effort into it too.

I don't care about politics in games like this, and as mid gen says the bloke brought it on himself in the first place. All this because people didn't want the devs to put effort into being able to play as a woman.

Soldato
BTW, useful tip i just figured out... I've started building micro-bases all over. 1 tube with a hatch and a solar panel. Enough space for some lockers and a fabricator, plus other bits.

Speaking of tips - I read this on Reddit and it has been helpful.

If you hold the shift button when you are selecting items on the fabricator, it keeps the fabricator menu up while the item is processed.

Speeds things up a tad :)

Caporegime
It's been turned into a political platform by a bunch of basement dwelling alt-right dweebs that can't get it into their thick heads that if you want to post racist crap on public social media channels, don't do it on accounts linked to your workplace.

Dumbass deserved to be fired for stupidity, let alone the drivel he posted.

Boycott as well, lol, it'll end up getting a sales boost from the publicity as usual. It was on my list anyway but I'll make sure to pick it up full price just to annoy the dorks.
Alt-right? LOL. This'll be my last post in this thread but you "liberals" need to stop calling everything you disagree with "alt-right" or "racist" or whatever. The stuff he said isn't even controversial to my mind. "Racist"? Hardly.

You may think everyone who disagrees with mass immigration is racist, right-wing, Holocaust deniers but it just isn't true. You guys are just as much a minority as the true hard-right. "Mutter Merkel's" mass immigration policy proved to be a complete disaster, didn't it... And unpopular too. The masses have rejected it now because it's a bad ideal, full stop.

Soldato
Alt-right? LOL. This'll be my last post in this thread but you "liberals" need to stop calling everything you disagree with "alt-right" or "racist" or whatever. The stuff he said isn't even controversial to my mind. "Racist"? Hardly.

You may think everyone who disagrees with mass immigration is racist, right-wing, Holocaust deniers but it just isn't true. You guys are just as much a minority as the true hard-right. "Mutter Merkel's" mass immigration policy proved to be a complete disaster, didn't it... And unpopular too. The masses have rejected it now because it's a bad ideal, full stop.

Awesome, now you can stop posting in here since you clearly don't own the game and have no intention of buying it. You've not even shown interest in the game throughout this thread, so you've obviously just come in here to make a comment on the developer getting the can for, quite honestly, stupidly airing his own personal views on an account linked with the business that employs him. That's the crux of the matter, and he's stupid for doing that. He should know better. We can all get back on topic with the underwater discussion.

I haven't played for a few days, but I'm getting myself ready for a trip down to the Lost River. I've got my Cyclops and it's been kitted out with what I need (food, water, materials) to build a working base down there. I haven't been down there since March last year though, so it'll be interesting to see how much has changed!

Back
Top Bottom