Suggest some "war" movies

Soldato
Gilly said:
Its shockingly bad. I rank it almost as bad as Scarface.

/Looks at avatar......... :)

For me its definately band of brothers, closely followed by we were soldiers. I just cant get bored of band of brothers, ive watched the boxset that much i can almost resight all the words to it :o

Associate
Here's a couple more lesser known ones:

Saints & Sinners
The Lost Battalion

Oh and IMHO the only reason for watching Apocalypse Now is mainly for the 1st Air Cav. :cool: And whatever you do avoid Churchill: The Hollwood Years like the plague.

Soldato
Beerbaron said:
jarhead was probably the worse war film i have seen lately. i got bored half way through and switched it off.

Agreed. I kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Absolute garbage!

Black Hawk Down has already been mentioned. It will leave you exhausted at the end of it. It has probably got the most realistic scenes of warfare (from what i can imagine) in it. I say 'scenes' but the whole film is just action pretty much from start to finish.

Band of Brothers is also class.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
What's that film called about a sniper in WW2. The film is probably about 10 years old. I'm after watching it but can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Enemy at the Gates? Where the Soviet sniper takes on the Ace German sniper?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
fozzybear said:
Agreed. I kept waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. Absolute garbage!
Actually on one level that's what the film is about. It's based on a book written by a Marine so that's what life was really like for them. I was aware (before I saw it) that it wasn't a typical war movie but I thought it had enough sub plot, humour and politics to carry it. :)

Soldato
Band of Brothers, emense series and Enemy at the Gates is definitely worth watching aswell - good sex scence.

Last edited:
Soldato
Black Hawk Down
Three Kings (bit silly but I liked it, especially the closing scene with some U2 playing :) )
Thin Red Line (if that's the one with loads of jungle fighting etc!)
Saving Private Ryan for the opening scene - awe inspiring stuff.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
That's the one. :)

What's it like? I've always fancied watching it.

It alright. I didnt really think much of it the first tiem i seen it, but watching it a second time it improved. One i seen ages ago that was OKish was just called Sniper, not the best film ever, but it was OK.

Back
Top Bottom