Suicide by train

Status
Not open for further replies.

taB

taB

Associate
Hi Alloneword,

Have you tried talking to someone at the Samaritans or similar? I'd really recommend it before taking any drastic action. My brother in law killed himself last year. I think from his perspective it was the solution but it has had so many wider ramifications over the past few months. I honestly believe he wouldn't have done it if he new the after effects it has had on his family and friends.

Please take care.

Soldato
I've no idea what you're going through, and given you've clearly put some thought into it there's no reason to think you're joking either, but you're definitely not past help. You can speak to someone at the Samaritans by calling 116 123 and would really urge you to. Whatever it is that's brought you to this point is absolutely worth talking through with someone.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
edit: in light of post a few above I’m thinking that this should be closed and I’ll remove my anecdote of an old friends suicide method.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Alloneword Don't do it!!!! It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem that CAN be resolved. I could give you multiple examples of people I've worked with who have overcome. Never give up, no matter what! I know from not just a work perspective, but also from a VERY personal perspective, that suicide is not the only option. Call someone, talk to someone, even message me if you want. But don't go ahead with it.

Mods / Admin, you need to address this pronto.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I have suffered with depression since it was diagnosed at 18, and I'm now 45. That's a long time to carry the responsibility of living with something so uncontrollable. I've been suicidal a few times at my lowest ebb and it's just awful. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

If anyone at all on this thread feels that way inclined, then contact me please! I will listen and not judge. Sometimes a chat really helps.

Don
None of the above is a joke and it's NOT a cry for help, i have had some help over the years and i think i'm past any more help, save the nhs some money and put it into someone who can be saved.

All1

no one is past help - please don't do this.

While we don't know you or your problems, there are a huge amount of good people to talk to here.

Have a read through the mental health thread - lots of us have experienced issues, but there's good advice, no one will judge you

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-mental-health-thread.18795553/

This thread won't be locked, but it might be more suitable to post in the above thread

Soldato
I've been stuck on a train that hit someone, we were waiting for 3.5 hours, that must have been a hell of a cleanup job. We had to get off at the next stop and the whole nose of the train was caved in. There can't have been anything left of whoever it was that stepped in its path.

It's extremely sad that people don't seek help in these situations, or even seek it and are denied it/ignored.

If I were ever terminally ill and that way inclined, I'd have thought that Nitrogen, a hose and a bag would be a far less dramatic exit.

Soldato
Was doing some googleing and came across this thread which is very ironic as it is something i am looking at myself.
I live in UK so firearms are out, pills are out as i have a major issue of doing something and half way through changing my mind, and i'm not a lover of pain so cutting throat or jumping of tall building is out, i don't own a car so no fumes.
So from my POV trains are the only real option, commuter trains are to slow but i do like them as the tend to be less streamlind and the impact would be more effective i think but slower speeds concern me, so looking at some of these "bullet" sytle trains that go at 130-140mph, trouble is i live in London and having done several scouting out runs already security is a major issue, to many high fences etc i know of one place here https://goo.gl/maps/oWFmsK24TtuPyx1q8 where you can walk across the track with no issues but trains are slow, so it is something where i am going to have to go further out of london where faster trains will have less security maybe just chicken wire fence etc.

As to why i'm doing it well that i don't need to go into here but why trains well it's the only real option I can see open to me, i would love to find another way out but i just can't think of one, normally i am not a selfish person in fact far from it but i'm fully aware of what i'm doing and i know full well this is an increadabilly selfish act to undertake, I'm not worried about passengers as i presume there will not be much to see being hit head on at the best part of 150mph, but it's the driver that i feel for i know full well this can end some people carrerers and destroy their lives, i have given it a huge amount of thought and the only thing i can do is make sure i explain myself to him or her in the most detail i can as to why i took this route and explain that they have done me a huge favour, so hopefully i can get rid of soe of their guilt, to be honest i doubt it will help them much but i will do my level best to make surre they know they have done me a huge favour, letters will be in my rucksack and both laminated and sealed in airtight plastic wallet of some kind so the blood will not affect the paperwork a copy will also be sent to local coroners office as well as ASLEF, i do want him or her to be able to go back to work but i fully understand this may not happen, this will be the first time in some 40 years where i have put myself first, it's not something i am proud of but it's something i have no option but to do, and trains seem the best way to get the results i want/need, i have not worked out if i will just bend over in front of the train and hit it head on or lay across the tracks and chop my own head off, it didn't help reading the other day that when folks get decapitated the are still aware of what is going on for some time, need more thought on that one.

None of the above is a joke and it's NOT a cry for help, i have had some help over the years and i think i'm past any more help, save the nhs some money and put it into someone who can be saved.

All1
Email me if you want to offload.

Soldato
people try things like sleeping pills and paracetamol but then end up waking up, regretting it and in hospital with nothing that can be done as they’ve now had liver failure and can look forward to a drawn out and quite nasty death over days etc...

My sister did this whilst in an abusive relationship that she hid from everyone. She always kept to herself so nothing seemed out of the ordinary until we got a call from her partners mother letting us know she had been rushed to the hospital because they found her overdosed on sleeping pills. Fortunately she was there fast enough that the damage wasn't life ending and the wonderful nhs staff took great care of her! Happily she is no longer in the relationship and has a beautiful baby girl who turns two soon and my sister couldn't be happier. I have only spoken to her once about it because she wants to forget the past and i totally understand but i do remember her saying it was the worst thing she could have done and that IF she was to ever do anything like that again ( she swears that she wont ) that she wouldn't do it with pills.

Soldato
Damn i have just read @Alloneword s post....... i can't imagine how painful it must be to live in a world where you truly believe leaving it forever is the only option! i really hope something happens to make you re consider. Same as many offers above im always open to being messaged if you need to talk, or if wanted i could also get you in touch with a couple of people who have both attempted to commit suicide and have been in that same dark place that your in, albeit probably caused by different circumstances..

I hope your okay.

Man of Honour
@Alloneword

Since 1988 I've been a suicidal depressive and there isn't a day that goes by without thinking of killing myself and my favourite is also by standing in front of a train.
However the silly thing is I don't really have any problems - I'm still with the same girl I met in 1972, I have two great kids in their 30s who have never given me problems, my job is great, I'm under no stress and my managers are brilliant, I gig in bands and love my band mates, I have all the toys I want but I still have these thoughts.

Now the best thing I did was join a Facebook Group called Men Unite last year, reading other mens stories made me realise just how bad others have it and when I think about suicide I just think of some of these men on that Facebook Group and what they're going through.
My family thought I was going to regress when my mum died on Dec 22nd but for some reason I've accepted she was seriously ill for years. I'm lucky to have had 62 years with her so I've been quite calm and once again Men Unite have helped me through.

Commissario
I'd like to thank everyone for their positive contributions to this thread. It will remain open and actions have been taken in the background.

Also, thanks to everyone who reported this for our attention - Unless anything changes, there's no need to report it to us again.

@Alloneword Please read the words of encouragement in this thread. I appreciate what you said but there is always an alternative. You've been given some good advice and good contacts so I implore you to take heed. I wish you well.

Soldato
@Alloneword Please don't end your life pal, I've not read the whole thread but I promise you I've been where you are believing things could never get better for me. While I've certainly not had an easy time of it things can and did get better. You never know what the future holds for you.

Soldato
Very surprised this thread has been allowed to run. There is a reason suicide (by any means) is not widely reported in the media.

I am sure there are a number of railway staff who post on these boards, myself included (now retired) who have been involved directly or indirectly with many fatalities over the years and not something to be trivialised.

We have even had vaguely disguised references to sites where people can go and view real life footage, surely that is against the CoC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom