Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Man of Honour
Mourinho seems extra miserable.

How on earth can you tell??

I remember the first time Mourinho came to our shores, he seemed so vivacious, so full of life and the sport.

Now..now he seems like someone who has totally fallen out of love with football. Wherever he goes he just seems miserable with everything around him.

Don
The Alisson deal is now confirmed:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307801-liverpool-confirm-alisson-deal

It's not in the annoucement but the exact details of the fee have been confirmed to the press - a guaranteed £56 million (£53.8m to Roma & £2.2m to Alisson’s former club Internacional) + a further £9 million in add-ons based on CL qualification, winning the PL and winning a European trophy.

edit: and Ward is close to completing his move to Leicester for £12.5m + 20% of any future sale.

Don
Klopp's quoted as saying he doesn't think there will be any more incomings now. I hope that's just part of the game in terms of possible negotiations with other clubs because with Ox out for the season we really could do with another player that can play in the attacking midfield roles and or front 3.

Man of Honour
Allison, VVD, TAA, Robertson, Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, to back up Mane, Firmino, Salah. Got to say, Liverpool are putting together an impressive team.

Man of Honour
Klopp's quoted as saying he doesn't think there will be any more incomings now. I hope that's just part of the game in terms of possible negotiations with other clubs because with Ox out for the season we really could do with another player that can play in the attacking midfield roles and or front 3.

I could well believe Klopp on this one, I think we've gone cold on the idea of Fekir now and I dont think theres an alternative on Klopps radar, so it wouldnt surprise me if thats it for incomings. I think the emphasis will be on outgoings now and getting ready for the season start. I reckon he will defer any further incomings til the January window, if needed at that time.

Don
Think we are good, rather give some of the promising kids a chance now.
Had Ox been available I'd have been less concerned but as things stand Keita and Lallana are our only creative/attack minded players from midfield and given Lallana's fitness issues over the last 18 months I don't want to have to rely on him too much. And we only have Shaqiri as cover for the wide forward roles.

Having Ox available or signing somebody like Fekir, who can cover the front 3 and provide another attacking midfield option would really balance the squad and given us plenty of options and cover. I can't think of any youngsters that are ready to fill that void unfortunately.

Permabanned
Had Ox been available I'd have been less concerned but as things stand Keita and Lallana are our only creative/attack minded players from midfield and given Lallana's fitness issues over the last 18 months I don't want to have to rely on him too much. And we only have Shaqiri as cover for the wide forward roles.

Having Ox available or signing somebody like Fekir, who can cover the front 3 and provide another attacking midfield option would really balance the squad and given us plenty of options and cover. I can't think of any youngsters that are ready to fill that void unfortunately.

Perhaps, though as mentioned above I think we are probably done now. We have splurged a lot of cash, regardless of net spend :p, not sure I can see us dishing out another 40-50m.

Don
It's not as if we weren't going to go for Alisson had the Fekir deal went through. The money is clearly there and we were willing to spend it. It's a case of whether we really have completely moved on from Fekir over the medical issues and whether there's no alternative at the moment in Klopp's eyes.

Soldato

Didn't he say we're not signing a keeper only a few days ago?

I'm shocked about the Alisson deal tbh.

We are still short of a title challenge imo. It's such a tough league now. I agree about Ox. If he was fit we'd be in a much better place. But we've run out of steam in the second half of the season the last couple of years. Our first 11 look great, but it's very hard to win titles without depth. Especially the way Klopp likes to play, and after a world cup year.

Don
Didn't he say we're not signing a keeper only a few days ago?

I'm shocked about the Alisson deal tbh.

We are still short of a title challenge imo. It's such a tough league now. I agree about Ox. If he was fit we'd be in a much better place. But we've run out of steam in the second half of the season the last couple of years. Our first 11 look great, but it's very hard to win titles without depth.

I'm not sure there's any quotes from Klopp regarding that but the info being briefed to the local press was that we had cooled our interest in Alisson and then just a few days ago that Klopp was ready to give Ward his chance to take the number 1 shirt for next season. I hope these comments are along the same lines as these briefs but I can't say I'm overly optimistic - the club have said and briefed nothing since the Fekir deal fell through and there's been zero links with alternatives to him either.

Soldato
I'm not sure there's any quotes from Klopp regarding that but the info being briefed to the local press was that we had cooled our interest in Alisson and then just a few days ago that Klopp was ready to give Ward his chance to take the number 1 shirt for next season. I hope these comments are along the same lines as these briefs but I can't say I'm overly optimistic - the club have said and briefed nothing since the Fekir deal fell through and there's been zero links with alternatives to him either.

I agree, although apparently Sturridge has done well pre-season. Obviously he's not been in favour with Klopp yet, but all the talent is there and if he can turn things around (and stay fit) that's as good as a new signing.

Soldato
I agree, although apparently Sturridge has done well pre-season. Obviously he's not been in favour with Klopp yet, but all the talent is there and if he can turn things around (and stay fit) that's as good as a new signing.

Agree..but he wont stay fit. Still think we are short up front.

Soldato

I seriously wouldn't put any faith in sturridge. He's finished as a top footballer. The next time he extends his hamstring attempting a sprint, it will go again.

I don't even think about sturridge anymore.

Back
Top Bottom