Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If we were going to sign Baines we'd of done it last summer, he's a year closer to 30 now and for a defender especially a fullback that's a pretty big problem
Ah right. And with Evra being being 32 this year, Baines wouldn't really be a long-term replacement. I can't see Buttner taking the role long-term, despite being 24. Wonder what Fabio can do. ;)

Soldato
Personally given his free kick ability (along with the options we have currently in the club) buying Baines for sub £20m wouldn't be a bad deal even if he only lasted 2-3 years and that would give Buttner / Fabio a year or two to push on without any pressure, or at least 12 months before Utd buy a young hot prospect for that position (depending on how the current two progress in that time).

At present I cant see Fabio doing much as a left back, but might be handy as a left winger substitute....

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally given his free kick ability (along with the options we have currently in the club) buying Baines for sub £20m wouldn't be a bad deal even if he only lasted 2-3 years and that would give Buttner / Fabio a year or two to push on without any pressure, or at least 12 months before Utd buy a young hot prospect for that position (depending on how the current two progress in that time).

At present I cant see Fabio doing much as a left back, but might be handy as a left winger substitute....

Anything is better than Wellbeck on the wing, although Zaha is just a wellbeck 2.0, still unsure as to what the purpose of buying him is :/

Soldato
Anything is better than Wellbeck on the wing, although Zaha is just a wellbeck 2.0, still unsure as to what the purpose of buying him is :/

didn't you get the memo?

Zaha is THE next God of World Football :)

The likes of Gibson and Djemba-Djemba got a few years in the 1st team squad, so I don't see why Zaha should be given a chance - Im just not expecting much from him

Caporegime
Didn't Lothar Mattheus say that he'd already signed with Bayern and if he goes anywhere else he'd donate €30k to charity or something?

Gotze is a wide player. Should someone think about a Robben or Ribery bid?

Man of Honour
The Falcao to Chelsea rumours are gathering pace and I'm not sure I'd like us to risk that sort of money again on someone who hasn't got that many years in front of them.
I'd far prefer just giving Lukaku a fair shot as he deserves it & a front 3 of him, Ba & Torres isn't that bad considering how many goal we have in the rest of the team, that's assuming Torres can keep up his almost decent level of application.

Don
I'm not sure what kind of striker Chelsea need as their formation relies on Mata, Hazard and Oscar being the focal point. They need a Gomez style player who can get on the end of anything, can hold it up and finish. Falcao will be wasted I feel.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure what kind of striker Chelsea need as their formation relies on Mata, Hazard and Oscar being the focal point. They need a Gomez style player who can get on the end of anything, can hold it up and finish. Falcao will be wasted I feel.

Surely this would suit Falcao nicely, he's excellent at being on the end of things?

If Chelsea offloaded Torres (they should), they can just have Lukaku + Ba + Falcao filling the striker slot(s).

Man of Honour

They just need more than one striker who can control a ball, anticipate his teammates actions, create space for them when needed and convert his fair share of chances, just basic striker attributes really, don't need a Worldy.

Don
Surely this would suit Falcao nicely, he's excellent at being on the end of things?

If Chelsea offloaded Torres (they should), they can just have Lukaku + Ba + Falcao filling the striker slot(s).

But flunking 40m on him?! Yeah he'll be good there but I can't see him getting that many goals with the attacking threat behind him. I think they'd be better getting a Hunteleer, Gomez, Higuain style striker that could be got for less than 20m you'd think.

Soldato
Like I've said before you can replace Falcao with Aguero and Hulk as star name strikers Chelsea fans would have had you believe would sign and like those I dont see this one actually happening in reality either

Soldato
It's painfully obvious united need 1 or even 2 world class wingers and some new central midfielders, if fergie wants to ever see euro glory again before he retires, the squad needs significant strengthening.

Soldato
Dzeko has tweeted "I've gone" and a picture of a plane engine: https://twitter.com/EdDzeko/status/328552732963250176

Dortmund probably? (assuming that's what he means)
A fair few of our players take mid week breaks for a few days but it could well be a transfer. There was a rumor that there was removal van at his apartment loading furniture etc a few weeks back and his performance v Spurs was one of a man who not only looked like he had never played football but also didn't want to be here.

Dortmund is the most likely destination though. With Cavani not in the Napoli team tonight I wonder if he too is off.

Pretty reliable guy on Twitter saying Bild are going to break a big story tonight so I am guessing it is Dzeko to Dortmund and/or Lewandoski to Bayern/Whoever!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom