Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think he wont turn up and risk breaching his contract ?

lol

hmmm, the man that has dragged the name of our club through the mud over the Evra situation, the man that caused arguably the biggest Legend in Liverpool FC's history to be tarnished becuase he supported him. The man that bit an opponents arm in the week when there was a media offensive to portray him as a bit of a lovable rogue (remember the pre game interview with him and Shreeves, the various newspaper arcticles about him in a postive light). The man that has flashed his knickers at RM as soon as the season ended saying he only wanted to play for them, and yet with no bid fortcoming will now accept any club playing CL football.

Would he go on strike? Why do you think he wouldn't given everything he has done in the past?

lol

Maybe i am missing something at the moment but selling fab and tiago means Barca are going to be short in midfield in the next couple of years unless there is a serious replacement for xavi, neymar certainly isnt him.

Barca will not let fabregas go and he doesn't want to leave. Its a bit of a moot point really. As United have done for the past 3-4 years we are going after targets that we are never going to get.

We did have a good young lad Pogba coming through the ranks but unsurprisingly when a manager brings a guy out of retirement and players a defender in the middle ahead of you, he got a little disillusioned.

I am fairly certain that we will go into the season with perhaps a new defender and maybe Fellaini. We are incapable of doing what it takes to bring a top class midfielder to the club. Something we have shown in the past 3 years or more.

Thoughts?

I've more or less said all that already haven't I? It's a slim chance but a chance all the same.

Why? He's constently shown that he doesn't care what people think, numero uno is all that matters (well his family's well being). I think he would quite easily not turn up for training etc etc. I note he has been included in our squad for Australia we'll see if he turns up for that shall we.

I think that Suarez has very much decided he wants to leave, and would do all manner of idiotic things to try and force his way out, so this wouldn't surprise me.

If there's an offer of, say, £30-35m on the table from Arsenal, Liverpool would probably end up accepting.

What I don't understand is why Arsenal want to sign him, he's a total loose cannon and I can't imagine him with Wenger at all.

--

Anyway, Vilanova has just said the following at a press conference re Cesc:

Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

Time to up the offer and ask him again. :p

I've more or less said all that already haven't I? It's a slim chance but a chance all the same.

I think that Suarez has very much decided he wants to leave, and would do all manner of idiotic things to try and force his way out, so this wouldn't surprise me.

If there's an offer of, say, £30-35m on the table from Arsenal, Liverpool would probably end up accepting.

What I don't understand is why Arsenal want to sign him, he's a total loose cannon and I can't imagine him with Wenger at all.

--

Anyway, Vilanova has just said the following at a press conference re Cesc:

Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

Time to up the offer and ask him again. :p

Nah I'm pretty sure if he is told he is staying another year he is staying another year and will play, the guy doesn't just not try his hardest.

Also lol@us accepting arsenals offer, give over

Would love to be at Bodymoor Heath on Thursday when Benteke rolls in for training, seeing as he doesn't want return to the club at all and is trying to speed Spurs up into signing him.

Greedy Boy!

Im really really hoping that all this Suarez rubbish is just a way of getting Real to sell Higuain to us so they can snatch him off Liverpool.

I wouldnt mind having Suarez at Arsenal if he wasnt such a monumental douchebag of epic proportions. He doesnt strike me as the sort of player that Wenger would want at Arsenal due to his silly antics he gets up to but perhaps Wenger sees himself as his saviour:p.

"I know he has received offers from other teams," Vilanova reveals.

"But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here, he has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona. He doesn't want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time.

"He knows there is competition for places here but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation."

Can't wait for Fellaini to arrive because he represents value in the market and we tried to go for the top players but it didn't happen...

We either need a CM or a wonder signing to cover it up and win us games still.

In what world is fellaini anywhere near ws talented as fibreglass or the child of mazinho? They dont even play simikar roles so its not like ugh we didn't get fab so lets buy a completely different type of player for a ridiculous fee..?

I'm with you, Fellaini is a rather strange back up signing for Fabregas. While a good player Fellaini is quite off the caliber of Fabregas and I'm not sure how he would fit in at Utd. A three man midfield with Carrick, Cleverly and Fellaini?

Just read this on the BBC article about Fabregas going to Barca in 2011:

Come again? So why are Man U offering £25m?

I'm sure this one has been done to death but a buy-out clause is just the point where a club has to put the offer to the player. They don't have to be offered that much money to sell the player or to consider selling them - if the buyout clause is €100m the club is still free to sell the player at €1m (or any other value at all) but they don't have to entertain any offers below the threshold of the buy-out clause value.

Whether £25m is a serious attempt at valuing Fabregas and is expected to actually result in them entertaining a move is another issue entirely.

//edit there's also a question about whether the buy-out clause value is accurate (or indeed most of the contract terms that are mooted by the media) but that's probably not all that important to the question here.

As for the transfers, if it's found out that Moyes did in fact pass up Thiago because he was unsure he could handle it in the Premier League (in the same way Messi couldn't cope on a cold, wet Tuesday at the Britannia, eh?) to go for Fabregas, who may not even be sold, then there will be a lot of very unhappy fans.

As for Fellaini, he's not a comparative player, he's not as much of a natural CM as Fabregas, and not as dynamic higher up as Thiago, nor is he anywhere near as close to having the passing quality of either. The thing he'd offer is physicality, which, whilst we could do with some, will only get you so far.

The problem we have at Manchester United at the moment is that we only have one truly quality CM player in Carrick. The rest wouldn't be missed if they all got sold. On top of that we have three wingers coming off nothing short of an atrocious season.

To say we're short in Midfield is an understatement of the highest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom