Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very small and very promising according to people who watch our youngsters/reserves. Quite a few of my more informed arsenal friends were surprised to see him go.

Only really saw a glimpse of him, but that glimpse was promising, he actually looked like he knew what he was doing rather than just being out of position all the time(so unlike our other fullbacks). Quite happy to see him go, royally fed up of talented youngsters sitting around with a big contract(for their level of experience and not playing at all) doing nothing with Wenger barely giving them them any chances. Hope he does very well, I'd be surpised if he gets a real chance this season, but you never know. I hope he gets some real game time, that might only be some cup starts and few sub appearances this year but thats more than he'd get at Arsenal :(

Barca, Bayern and frankly old Arsenal used to give their youth players a real chance to impress, its become a joke at Arsenal. Meade got IIRC one half in one cup game last season... and irritatingly looked one of the most promising players on the pitch. Gnabry I don't think showed much of anything in his chances last year, but it was really a 3 week spell he got a cup game, maybe an unimportant champs league start or sub. Its no where near enough to give a youngster a chance to get some confidence/form and show he either is or isn't good enough.

Its harder to take when its something like a left back when we had crap players there in the first place and still wouldn't give the kid a chance.

Breaking on SSN now, Fabregas isnt going anywhere;)...Barca have more or less said he is not for sale....seems like Utd, Arsenal, City and Chelsea are all interested in him.

Has something more happened with Fabregas or are we still on the news earlier from Vilanova saying he said he doesn't want to leave (something he'd say either way at this stage)?

Edit: I assume it's the same news as you removed it :p

Wayne Rooney is reportedly very angry and confused about how he was treated at Utd specifically about Utd and comments about him according to Sky sports sources.

It sounds like something has just happened with this...

Perhaps Rooney has been acting like a tool for ages and SAF told Moyes to get rid of him? Wouldn't surprise me.

I don't mind selling him to Chelsea as long as we make them pay a hefty sum.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ces-Wayne-Rooney-unhappy-at-Manchester-United

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United and is looking to leave.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

I'm not sure how you're not understanding the difference between a rumour and fact. If you told me Fabregas was moving to United in 2 weeks I'd ask for a source. Similarly when stupid people are saying "well Arsenal will get half of that" then I ask for a source.

And actually yes I thought the Thiago release clause talk was stupid and I ignored it, us signing or not signing him was never going to come down to any release clause.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...l4D4Cw&usg=AFQjCNFmQakUM962ZFMNfeeD3DghwznQgg

There is a source. One of many if you google. Does it make it anything more than a rumour no. Does it disprove it as fact, no.

We only have the interweb to rely on as "sources" but with the amount of tall stories in the media who knows what is truth.

I believe it's true as it makes sense. But that's just my opinion. If I want to mention the rumoured clause then I don't see why anyone would have issues with it.

An off the cuff remark about getting half the transfer shouldn't be taken as seriously as you are making out. We will only find out if he is sold to team other than arsenal.

Has something more happened with Fabregas or are we still on the news earlier from Vilanova saying he said he doesn't want to leave (something he'd say either way at this stage)?

Edit: I assume it's the same news as you removed it :p

Yep pretty much, one min their so called transfer expert Kaveh something was saying Barca have said no to Utd then next he is saying its up to Barca whether they want to sell or not as Fab has said he wants to stay. But goes onto to say that if Fab moved it would be to Utd so really nothing new tbh and thats why i removed it:p

Things started going wrong for Rooney when he held the club to ransom over a new contract, Man UTD traditionally get rid of players who think they're bigger than the club and I think signing RvP was a step in that direction.

I think that Suarez has very much decided he wants to leave, and would do all manner of idiotic things to try and force his way out, so this wouldn't surprise me.

If there's an offer of, say, £30-35m on the table from Arsenal, Liverpool would probably end up accepting.

You realise that Suarez knows Arsenal have bid and that it's been rejected and said he's returning to pre-season later this month?

As I said, I'd be surprised if Suarez went on strike (the fact that he's suspended makes it slightly pointless) but I'd be stunned if we accepted an offer like that.

Rooney really is a pillock sometimes. He has been poor and unfit sporadically for years now so ignoring the fact he is "in his prime" he has not been performing as such. He is on a salary reserved for the best players in the world and regardless of what he is capable of, you get paid for what you actually do on the pitch.

Any bid of over 25m should be taken in my view. If he goes on and recaptures his form somewhere else then good luck to him but he doesn't react in the correct way to criticism or adversity. Instead of trying to prove people wrong he would rather argue about transfer requests and his feelings. Man up and work your socks off to get back in the team.

Any bid of over 25m should be taken in my view. If he goes on and recaptures his form somewhere else then good luck to him but he doesn't react in the correct way to criticism or adversity. Instead of trying to prove people wrong he would rather argue about transfer requests and his feelings. Man up and work your socks off to get back in the team.

I would say £25m upfront and then at least another £5- £10m depending on performances / success etc (given that its Chelsea who are mainly chasing him)

(After all Utd would have to spend £20m plus on a replacement to even get the goals WR gets in a bad season)

I would say £25m upfront and then at least another £5- £10m depending on performances / success etc (given that its Chelsea who are mainly chasing him)

(After all Utd would have to spend £20m plus on a replacement to even get the goals WR gets in a bad season)

I'm working on the assumption that any replacement would be on much much lower wages which would make any decent transfer fee acceptable. As good a player as Rooney is, I would wager that there are a lot of quality strikers that would stick in as many or nearly as many given the chances they would get at United.

AFAIK 8(or so) of the 12 players who outscored Rooney last year cost less than 20mil, that puts Lukaku into the over 20mil bracket because I can't remember how much he cost, with half of that lot costing less than 10mil, some WAY less than 10mil.

It was likely more of a throw away comment, but make no mistake, there are plenty of top notch players that go EVERY SEASON for incredibly low fee's. This insane notion that all top players cost 20mil +, is just that, insane.

Rooney is hugely ineffective for huge portions of games for huge portions of the season(as are lots of players) and the difference between 250k a week players, and 100k a week players is their ability to be good for 89 minutes of 95 out of 100 games. THats what makes a Ronaldo, Messi, etc, so damn good. Rooney isn't remotely close to being in that bracket. Even if he was in form, for him, I would get shot of him as business wise for the club he's woeful value, sets a terrible example and just encourages other **** players to act out to get better contracts as well.

On the transfer fee, its as simple as this, at 35mil no one is interested because he'll demand similar wages. The buying club has to factor in wages and transfer for combined cost, just as Utd should factor in transfer fee + wages OFF the bill as to what is good value for Utd.

Selling him for 15mil gets 12+mil a year off the wage bill. Keep him to the end of the contract(2 or 3 more years?) and you're talking about spending 24-36million on him before he leaves on a free. Sell him today for 15mil and you've also saved 24-36mil.

The really stupid thing is, you never at any stage had to give him such an absurd contract in the first place, if he threatened to go to Real and demanded 250k a week off them, they'd have laughed in his face, City almost certainly wouldn't have given him anywhere near that. Rooney and his people bluffed Utd big time and Utd fell for it.

The really stupid thing is, you never at any stage had to give him such an absurd contract in the first place, if he threatened to go to Real and demanded 250k a week off them, they'd have laughed in his face, City almost certainly wouldn't have given him anywhere near that. Rooney and his people bluffed Utd big time and Utd fell for it.

At the time he was our star striker and we didn't have RvP. United are not stupid and will have done so on the basis of the value he added to the team for £250,000 odd a week. CL football covers his salary and more. His commercial appeal at home and abroad is probably worth more than his salary/week.

I'm pretty sure that Real Madrid have said on a number of occasions that they made their money back on Ronaldos transfer fee in the first year alone.

I think you might be underestimating how much City would have loved to sign Uniteds talismanic striker at the time. It would have signalled a shift in power and their ability to steal 2 star strikers from a rival in every sense of the word. He again would have held massive appeal to the marketing and sponsorship departments at City.

This is the problem when you have a player as stupid as readers of the Sun. As far as I can tell the club nor Moyes have said anything that should anger or confuse poor old Wayne, like I said in the Rooney thread the comments spun that he's now seen as a backup were said literally the sentence after Moyes finished saying how important he'd be in the coming season :o

The press have also taken quotes from Woodward about no contract extension talks planned with anyone again as something specifically with Rooney in mind despite Nani (and IIRC Vidic's) deals expiring before Rooneys :o

Things started going wrong for Rooney when he held the club to ransom over a new contract, Man UTD traditionally get rid of players who think they're bigger than the club and I think signing RvP was a step in that direction.

Personally i think Utd were stupid giving into his wage demands in all honesty. He just came off a good season and really they should have sold him then and there ie get the max amount they could.

I cant see him leaving, he still has a couple of yrs to run so perhaps next season Utd will sell him on and try to get as much for him as possible ie give him one more season and see if he gets back to his normal goal scoring self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom