Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It all depends on what Frank meant by bigger clubs of course whether it is financial or more to do with supporters and fan base around the world.

Historical , current and potential success as well as (self-generated) financial backing and size of fan base

BD still have to prove a number of those over a length of time longer than a couple of years. Great team without question (before its broken up this summer especially)

They aren't currently on the same level as Munich, RM, Barca, Man Utd (even Juve etc to some extent, although Italian teams have a dodgy question mark over them currently due to recent corruption issues).

Soldato
best part of MUTV yesterday was Evans' interview;

MUTV "Have you got a good summer planned?"

Evans " Yes....Im getting married to you"

Soldato
Tancredi Palmeiri reckons Fernandinho and Pellegrini to City.Isco is also very close as well.
Tevez is going to Monaco on a very small fee I imagine and also Falcao to Monaco as Chelsea didn't want to meet the demands.

Falcao and Tevez up front sounds pretty deadly, especially if they improve the midfield. I wonder if they want Nasri :p

Soldato
He seemed fine last night really, the players all seemed happy celebrating with him. I don't know what to think really, it's all speculation at the moment.

I wouldn't agree with this.

He was pretty isolated and not interested most of the time, with most of the players bar Buttner staying away from him/ignoring him on the bus & trophy presentation.

That coupled with the players not singing 'Rooney' when Rio tried to get it going and the crowd booing back, I'd say he isn't really looking fine. And it's not really speculation, Fergie confirmed he's asked for a transfer so that's that.

Soldato
I wouldn't agree with this.

He was pretty isolated and not interested most of the time, with most of the players bar Buttner staying away from him/ignoring him on the bus & trophy presentation.

That coupled with the players not singing 'Rooney' when Rio tried to get it going and the crowd booing back, I'd say he isn't really looking fine. And it's not really speculation, Fergie confirmed he's asked for a transfer so that's that.

I must have been watching something else. I thought I heard a general enthusiasm with the chant and even saw a wry smile from Rooney.

Caporegime
Surely the question for utd fans isn't if he's asked to leave, or relationship with the fans, do you want a fat, unfit, misses 1/4 of the season through unprofessionalism Rooney getting paid 250k a week to be at best, the second best striker at the team, usually playing in a role that is fairly ill suited to him?

There are significantly better players for the role Rooney has actually played for the majority of the season, most of them could cost significantly less than 250k a week.

This is where football in England has gone wrong, Bayern are ditching maybe Ribery or Robben for Gotze, Real tried to improve on Higuain, Barca tried to buy better central midfielders(though that was stupid). The best teams are striving to replace ANYONE with better players. English football has been going through a spell of killing themselves to hang on to players who aren't performing, and aren't looking to get the best player in any position.

Valencia, Young, Carrick, Evra, Fletcher/Anderson, these guys at Barca, or Bayern, or Real would have been shipped off with replacements gotten, and if those replacements weren't good enough they'd be replaced.

Rooney is being shoehorned into the wrong role for him, rather than simple letting him go be a main striker eslewhere, and buying a better creative attacking midfielder.

I have no idea whats going on with English football, despite Chelsea's money and obscene spending its been 3 years of a woeful Torres and they still haven't gone out and just replaced him? City have Barry.........

Rooney isn't remotely the first player who should go, he's by no means poor, but is the most expensive to keep hold of and currently at the age where his value will only go down.

There is a simple reason Utd don't look a force in Europe and Chelsea are in a final, they have struggled along with Carrick/Valencia/etc, with no actual need to, while Chelsea went out and improved. Sure its the first season, new manager, they are inconsistent, that is fairly natural, but because of the quality of Hazard, Mata, Lampard, they are winning single big games and gotten to a final, if they'd just sold Torres off and bought any half top striker, Chelsea would have been closer to the league this year and a very big force next year.

One theory of Fergie not buying a big name central midfielder in the past two seasons is, he was maybe going to retire last year, then was going to retire this year, ultimately with a new manager, there is more scope for shaping the team to Moyes wishes now. If Fergie spent 20mil on 4 players for key positions in the past couple seasons then they would be the team for the next 4 years, this way Moyes gets to bring in the midfield he wants.

Man of Honour
BBC Sports said:
Julien Laurens, football journalist for French newspaper Le Parisien, says on Twitter: "Very reliable sources tell Le Parisien that Sir Alex Ferguson called Carlo Ancelotti last week to ask him to succeed him. He was surprised and flattered but politely declined the offer. So Sir Alex Ferguson then turned to second choice David Moyes."

Edit - Just noticed this is the wrong thread, oops, still kind of relevant though!

Last edited:
Soldato
Surely he's burnt his bridges with the club now, twice this has happened, Man U should just get shot and replace him.

You would think so , I always bring this up about Rooney but how in this day and age can a teams star player be about a stone overweight?:confused:

Wasn't it Danny Murphy on goals on Sunday talking about something similar where Gerard Houllier told him to lose a stone and he improved his performances and general fitness no end.

If I was a Man U I would be happy to cash in and get rid:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom