Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I am not pointing any fingers.
But the journalists that have created these stories are 99% not basing them on facts and just fabricating stories to fill the papers to try and destabilize our preparations leading up to the match.
The same journalists have also written plenty of rubbish about City in the past, certainly makes you think some of them are closet utd fans!

Caporegime
To be fair that insecure dribbler who writes for the guardian always comes out with a massive amount of ****e before big united games

Soldato
I am not pointing any fingers.
But the journalists that have created these stories are 99% not basing them on facts and just fabricating stories to fill the papers to try and destabilize our preparations leading up to the match.
The same journalists have also written plenty of rubbish about City in the past, certainly makes you think some of them are closet utd fans!

Stories are written all the time about clubs that are challenging for the title.

The hounding of De Gea for most of the season was their fixation to try and find a fault and rile, disturb, destabilise whatever word you want to use our campaign. Along with many other things pedalled by journalists.

Big clubs use it as motivation to go and win titles, small clubs use it as excuses and say that it's because the worlds against them ;).

Caporegime
One thing is for sure, we have a lot of crap in our squad and the sooner they are moved on ie sold or contracts terminated the better. Otherwise another season of these crap players in our squad wont make us title contenders anytime soon.

We have a lot of dead wood that needs clearing and I feel like we say this every year. :D

But yeh perhaps a vetern goalkeeper in the squad would give Chessers a kick up the backside. Maybe Wenger should get Seaman as our goalkeeping coach, at the moment we have Gerry Peyton who coaches our goalkeepers...never heard of the guy. i know before him we had Bob Wilson as our goalkeeper coach but hes retired now.

I've never seen Gerry Peyton play, I'm not old enough to have done so, but looking on Arsenal.com it looks like he had quite a lot of appearances for decent ish clubs, including a few for Brentford :)p). I've no idea what he's like as a coach but that position has been a problem area for us for ages, and I'm still not overly convinced by Szczesny, though he does have time on his side and is capable of putting in impressive displays, it's just his ability to string consecutive good games together that worries me. I don't think he's going to be a world beater or anything like that, but given the right coaching and management I think he can develop into a solid keeper.

He isn't helped by our defence and that's an area that I really want to see strengthened in the summer. Djourou is making noise about wanting to stay in the Bundesliga and Squillaci will be out of contract finally so hopefully Wenger will look to bring in a decent centre back. Koscielny has been a relative success and Vermaelen is *okay* though he is starting to worry me with his ever-increasing unreliability, Mertesacker is pretty rubbish and the less said about him the better, in my opinion. All of these issues make me wonder if it'll be better when Wenger himself is out of contract and we have a new manager with new ideas at the helm.

Soldato
Once he stops going to the Anderson school of training he might be the man. Decent player but cant last 90 mins and cant command a game.

Cant say I disagree with that, if there is one fault I can pick with him is he does look spent after an hour. As for not commanding games he's only 23 so that will come as he gains experience imo

Man of Honour
Replacements for Pardew

Pardew is irreplaceable as he and his backroom staff signed 8 year deals this season so it would cost millions to get rid of him even if no compensation was needed for his replacement.

As for Arsenal I'd like to see Chamakh, Bendtner, Denilson, Fabianski and Santos sold. Will wait to see if we get in the CL before deciding whether we should buy anyone. Some of the players I'd like I think are unlikely to come to Arsenal especially if they aren't in the CL.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pardew is irreplaceable as he and his backroom staff signed 8 year deals this season so it would cost millions to get rid of him even if no compensation was needed for
fat mike will have a few get out clauses and maximum settlement figures on each if their contract. Not that I want rid of him he earned at least half a more season to prove himself. IMHO he was let down by the board in the summer.

Can we get any better? Who really wants the job and has the passion of him and carver?

I think he done fantastic with dealing the board and fans

Soldato
Id like to see fergie go in for Hummels with a serious bid, fantastic defender for dortmund.

Having said that Id like him to go in for probably 3 or 4 of dortmunds players!!

Soldato
Only Fergie (and the Dr's) really know how fit Vidic and Rio really are.
Their experience is invaluable and Evans playing with either one is reasonably ok, but if there is any real risk of both being out (given their history of injuries over the last couple of years) Utd need to replace one of them and Hummels would be ideal (although probably a pipe dream)

Gotze is the "new" headliner the papers are trying to convince readers is arriving in the summer, again another pipedream.

Strootman /Wanyama would be great and what the team need imo (as well as a reliable winger) not to mention the Evra question - been better this season, but its getting to the point we could be caught out badly soon if we dont find a good replacement (Buttner and Fabio are roughly the same level, maybe one/both just need time)

Soldato
Id like to see fergie go in for Hummels with a serious bid, fantastic defender for dortmund.

Is Hummels that good? Granted I haven't seen much of him but I specifically remember every game he played for Germany in the Euro's the commentators pointing out how decidedly dodgy he was at the start of games. It's funny how Frank says Gotze is a name just to sell papers because that's exactly what I feel is the case with Hummels, at least with Gotze there's absolutely no doubting he's the real deal!!

Soldato
I try to watch as much of the bundesliga games as I can, admitedly only the top teams. From what I have seen of Hummels this season he is very solid, and he is powerful in the air for corners etc.

There is always the risk of bringing in a player from another league though, along with the fact he will command a big fee.

I like Gotze, Reus and Lewandoski as a trio, but Reus and Gotze are very attacking and I think we need someone more centrally focused.

Associate
I personally rate Subotic higher than Hummels

There's a huge amount of quality in the Budesliga at present - superb league

Rode of Eintract Frankfurt is just waiting to be snapped up

Man of Honour
Hummels is more of a Ferdinand type CB and Subotic is more of a Vidic... I believe, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom