Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Maybe this is what the Bebe deal has always been leading to ;) :p

EDIT: Classic quote from Fergie on this so called Falco deal....

:D

to be fair you never know with fergy , if he came out and said yes do you not think it would ring alarms bells for the other big teams who would be interested

Soldato
i want to see a decent replacement for fellaini and probably baines and moyes :)

we need another RB now and also a very creative midfielder and striker to complement jelavic and anichebe. a fast right winger would be good to.

i saw dembele recently when i went to spurs v everton and he was be far the best player on the park and strangely got subbed to lots of boo's.

Man of Honour
The Schurrle story continues:

Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has confirmed that he was in London on Thursday for talks over Chelsea target Andre Schurrle.

Reports in Germany claim that 22-year-old forward Schurrle has already agreed his part of a deal which could be worth in excess of £20million.

"I was in London and I have had discussions. There is nothing more to say, there is nothing decided yet."
Rudi Voller

Voller travelled to England with general manager Michael Reschke to meet with Chelsea and talk terms over the highly-rated forward.

Asked about a deal with Chelsea, Voller told Bild: "Yes, I was in London and I have had discussions. There is nothing more to say, there is nothing decided yet. "

Soldato
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Manchester United would face competition from Bayern Munich if they decide to step up their interest in Robert Lewandowski.

Poland striker Lewandowski has been linked with a big-money move away from Borussia Dortmund in the summer after catching the eye of many clubs with his performances in the Bundesliga over the past couple of seasons.

Bayern are thought to be the frontrunners but there is also understood to be interest from the Premier League and United have been monitoring his situation.

Ferguson is already blessed with attacking options at Old Trafford and says it would be difficult to fit another centre-forward into his squad.

"Big signings? You are normally talking about forwards but it's complicated enough as it is with the forwards I've got."
Sir Alex Ferguson

However, he is not ruling out a major summer signing and insists much will depend on whether the Red Devils land the Premier League title.

Ferguson said: "Big signings? You are normally talking about forwards but it's complicated enough as it is with the forwards I've got."

On his interest in Lewandowski, he added: "Yeah, but Bayern Munich are strong with that too.

"We just have to wait and see where we are in terms of if we win the league. Then it may be different."

Soldato
I'd like to think winning the league would have no baring on whether the manager feels we need strengthening or not (I know it's a common myth with supporters that winning trophies = the manager overlooking problem areas)

Caporegime
Daylon Claasen has started training today at Everton and he's currently a free agent in the summer. Looks like we've sorted out our Fellaini replacement.

Caporegime
I would post my Verón (ahem spelling) news; he's basically come out of retirement at Estudiantes :cool: where he is considered an legend (along side his father) and where he has played some fantastic football before his retirement.

I can't be arsed to explain it all properly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom