Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You have seen Cavani once live and you don't watch Napoli games

You watch as many Athleti games as you can where Falcao regularly seems to be banging them in

You choose Cavani. Okay.
What is wrong with saying that?
I don't watch that many Barca games yet I think Messi is better than Ronaldo. Is that not allowed?

Do I have to have watched every single game to give the correct opinion on which one I like more?

Re; Moutinho and Rodriguez, what a team Monaco are going to have. Especially if they get Falcao and Tevez as well. I wonder if we could sell them Lescott as their defence doesn't look great :p

Caporegime
On the subject of Kagawa, Klopp did an interview with The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

Not too much of a surprise but I think Cavani will suit the Premier League nicely.

So were you also a fergie apologist because it sounds like you have to blame our former manager which few of you actually did..although I did and took some stick for that too.

But in context of kagawas positioning he is physically too weak and from what I saw couldnt shrug off a challenge in the EPL. So could we even have deployed him effectively there?

Soldato
So were you also a fergie apologist because it sounds like you have to blame our former manager which few of you actually did..although I did and took some stick for that too.

But in context of kagawas positioning he is physically too weak and from what I saw couldnt shrug off a challenge in the EPL. So could we even have deployed him effectively there?

Whereas Silva, Mata, Cazorla, and Coutinho are absolutely built.

Soldato
OP
I think you're being pretty harsh on Henderson, he's improving dramatically. Downing has been a lot better this year. And Allen has barely played since Coutinho joined.

Coutinho has looked exceptional alongside Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard, and against pretty much every defence he has played against.

I'm not saying (yet) that he'll do it long term. He needs a full season at this level to be placed alongside Mata and Silva, but so far he's been excellent.

On Kagawa, the difficulty is that Utd played very differently to Dortmund last year. Dortmund keep the ball high up the pitch, bringing Kagawa into play and letting him do what he's good at. Utd break from deep.

It was just a small joke, mainly in a stupid way to justify myself. :p I don't watch Liverpool much, but I heard that both Downing and Henderson were improving.

I had said that Coutinho has A LOT of potential, which was not shown at Inter. I had said £20M was a bit too much because he hadn't showed much. I'm not surprised he is playing well, because he has the potential to, just I felt that there was a slight risk he would never achieve it.

I doubt that I am wrong about Cavani though. He's a cracking player :p

Soldato
It was just a small joke, mainly in a stupid way to justify myself. :p I don't watch Liverpool much, but I heard that both Downing and Henderson were improving.

I had said that Coutinho has A LOT of potential, which was not shown at Inter. I had said £20M was a bit too much because he hadn't showed much. I'm not surprised he is playing well, because he has the potential to, just I felt that there was a slight risk he would never achieve it.

Haha, fair enough then :)

Soldato

Henderson has improved hugely, he has got some talent (played for England at all levels so far, and is U21 captain I beleive outshining other, more raved about English youngsters), he just needs to believe in himself more.

Downing, no he's still utter garbage :D

Is there any truth in the rumor that Stekelenburg has had a falling out with other Roma players? If pepe is on his way out I would love him at Liverpool.

Associate
Not necceasarily built but fast enough to get away from their man with acceleration. These players can all make a nice turn. kagawa tends to lose out or pass it right backwards instead when he gets the ball into feet when he's facing the wrong way.

What planet do you live on? Kagawa loses out or passes it backwards when he gets it in to feet?! He's probably one of only three or four players in our squad who always turn for goal, his close control and attacking play is his best asset. Go back to running around with Hazard on Fifa and leave the real football to the grown ups.

Cavani to City could spice up the league a bit.

Caporegime
:confused: Signing for spurs wasn't he :p

Kenwright and Co. formed a delegation and went to Portugal a few years a go when he played for Sporting to try and buy him but they some how failed and he ended up going to Porto for actually less than what we were apparently offering Sporting.

Don
As mentioned in a lot of the Toure to Liverpool stories, it looks like we're going after Papadopoulos from Schalke too.

I can't say I've watched enough of Schalke to have even noticed him let alone form much of an opinion on him but the word on twitter is that he's already a very good CB and potentially fantastic. Not that I believe any of them have watched him either - they just form their opinion on FM and read somebody else saying he's good.

I had said £20M was a bit too much

£20m? He cost ~£8.5m.

Soldato
As mentioned in a lot of the Toure to Liverpool stories, it looks like we're going after Papadopoulos from Schalke too.

I can't say I've watched enough of Schalke to have even noticed him let alone form much of an opinion on him but the word on twitter is that he's already a very good CB and potentially fantastic. Not that I believe any of them have watched him either - they just form their opinion on FM and read somebody else saying he's good.

£20m? He cost ~£8.5m.

Irrelevant to the thread, but if they are going off how good Poadopoulos is from FM nobody would buy him, hes a total flake on there.

Caporegime
Spurs offered 27 million for Carrol that was rejected by Newcastle as they knew we were sniffing around.

Anyway Reina to Barca looks pretty much nailed on, Pepe is driving it himself but the club are 'happy' for him to leave by all accounts (reported on Sunday on various outlets by a few journos, no idea if its been in this thread, only just heard it myself - listening to TAW podcast from yesterday)

Bergovic is being looked at by the club as a replacement (Jonothan Northcroft reporting)

Brod and Reina both seemed to be reassuring of him staying.

Wonder what all the people wanting him out will be thinking in a years time.

Soldato
OP
Henderson has improved hugely, he has got some talent (played for England at all levels so far, and is U21 captain I beleive outshining other, more raved about English youngsters), he just needs to believe in himself more.

Downing, no he's still utter garbage :D

Is there any truth in the rumor that Stekelenburg has had a falling out with other Roma players? If pepe is on his way out I would love him at Liverpool.

He's going 100%. Roma already got a replacement.

Soldato
Didn't realise 31 was old

I personally still feel he isn't a patch on the pepe of 3 years ago, yes his form improved tail end of the season but not enough. On current form I would still bet the attacker will score on a 1v1 situation, compare that to the old Reina.

I also think we should sell on now while his stock is still high, 10million done deal and get a.n.other in (Stekelenburg would be my choice, as I'm sure is obvious :p) and a younger keeper to take over in a few years.

Man of Honour

Kagawa hasn't been at the club that long and has been injured for a while so I'm not sure exactly how to judge it regarding mismanagement.

He isn't "too weak."

I really don't think you've watched him much at all, or you wouldn't be this negative.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Except it is well known he is a moron, I dont know why you bother entertaining his posts.

I think we are all hoping that if everyone tells him he is talking rubbish enough times it might sink in. I do admire his capacity to completely ignore everyone else whilst receiving no support for his views at all.

Caporegime

£20m? He cost ~£8.5m.

I know he was very close to joining Zenit Saint Petersburg recently, Schalke had a falling out with A.C. Milan over an illegal approach too.

I can't say I've seen that much of him either, he's highly rated and thought of from when I last saw / read about him.

€15 million is the rumour?

Also; Fickle Manchester United fans and Kagawa, pointed out to them before he was brilliant and a world class player in the making and was laughed at as they had already written him off. I wouldn't bother replying to the RunningMan / NickG at all Robbo, he knows nothing and spouts rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom