Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
He’s just come out saying he wants a move to the premiership but the only team he wants to join is the mighty Palace because the kit is similar to Barcelona’s

Caporegime
Is it a genuine transfer request or just an attention seeking "beg me to stay after an embarrassing performance that I was part of" thing?

Underboss
My fantasy football team is nailed on, unless the GOAT arives anyway.

Think it'll be Italy myself or the Middle East for a bumper bumper payday.

Soldato
I remember when Football Manager/Champ Man used to set automatic prices for players thirty and over - £5m max for a 30 year old, £2.5m for 31 years, £1m for 32 years - and I think Messi would only cost £500k if it still applied!

And

And

Associate
Juventus managed something similar with Ronaldo who is on a reported £2m a month.

That’s is quite frankly obscene. No way will any prem team match or beat that for a 35 year old imo, no matter who it is, not even City. He’ll only get it from Qatar or the Far East.

Soldato
Juventus managed something similar with Ronaldo who is on a reported £2m a month.

Yes but Messi is on £50m a year or £900k a week approx, this is after tax as reported by Guillem Balague who is pretty much a man in the know regards spanish football, not sure who (even City wouldn't I don't think) pays that, imagine if he's on a free the signing on bonus would have to be a couple of hundred million surely

And

And

Associate
Yep, huge signing on bonus, which I could see City paying. The (excessive) wages would be a moot point though. Personally, and speaking as a City fan, I'd rather see (local lad and fan) Foden handed his opportunity in the David Silva role than Messi past his prime and the likely negativity his arrival could cause within the team.

Yes but Messi is on £50m a year or £900k a week approx, this is after tax as reported by Guillem Balague who is pretty much a man in the know regards spanish football, not sure who (even City wouldn't I don't think) pays that, imagine if he's on a free the signing on bonus would have to be a couple of hundred million surely

fez

fez

Caporegime
I imagine that Juve are paying Ronaldo more than £2m/month unless that is after tax. Gareth bale is apparently on £600k/week and there isn't a popsicles chance in hell

A) Ronaldo was being paid less or the same as Bale
B) that he took a pay cut to join Juventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom