• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
all i can say to the prices is wow. an absolute bargain. although it was hyped up a lot which has produced some back chat.
i reckon the only people complaining are the ones that bought a x1800 512 last week for £240+vat, and now you can get the next gen for the same price :D
i am tempted to wait til next week to see what will drop next lol

...so tempted, need to convince the missus tho...

Soldato
teggs said:
all i can say to the prices is wow. an absolute bargain. although it was hyped up a lot which has produced some back chat.
i reckon the only people complaining are the ones that bought a x1800 512 last week for £240+vat, and now you can get the next gen for the same price :D
i am tempted to wait til next week to see what will drop next lol

...so tempted, need to convince the missus tho...

Take the plunge mate, get it sent to work and blag it past the missus lol, i just got confirmation of shipping this min.

Now i just hope my nadd's are still attached tomorrow eve when i creap into the house and try to install it without the million and one questions lol

Soldato
Datamonkey said:
Take the plunge mate, get it sent to work and blag it past the missus lol, i just got confirmation of shipping this min.

Now i just hope my nadd's are still attached tomorrow eve when i creap into the house and try to install it without the million and one questions lol

sounds like a familiar theme!!! lol - hope i get in before the missus and install any new components without her knowing!!!

Associate
Datamonkey said:
Don't worry your e-willy will more than make up for it!!

OcUK Staff
OP
eternity said:
I think its the noise issue people have with these cards. Just puts me off.

I don't understand this comment, people do realise once drivers are installed the cards operate more or less in silence even when underload. Even Mr Spie will confirm himself that his FX60 Crossfire system is silent even when having a good fraggin match on COD2. :)

Associate
Gibbo have a heart!!

I ordered a Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire THIS MORNING just before you reduced the price - PLESE can I have it at the reduced price - afterall I have spent well over a grand at overclockers in the last week!!!!!!!!

Suspended
Gibbo said:
I don't understand this comment, people do realise once drivers are installed the cards operate more or less in silence even when underload. Even Mr Spie will confirm himself that his FX60 Crossfire system is silent even when having a good fraggin match on COD2. :)

Why is he using a Crossfire system when SLI is faster? :confused:

OcUK Staff
OP
Noxis said:
Why is he using a Crossfire system when SLI is faster? :confused:

He had an SLi system before that but for 2560 resolution on a 30" DELL SLi was not quick enough and had inferior image quality. Moving to X1900's gave a definite improvement in performance and image quality. :)

This is based on games performance and quality, not just benchmarks......

Associate
Gibbo said:

Hi Gibbo,

I've been reading lots of reviews on both ATi and nV cards and nearly all the reviews mention the noise the X1900 series cards make.

If thats really the case I don't mind spending a bit more dosh on a quieter card.

Also when you you expect the next shipment of 7900GTX's? ;)

Suspended
Goksly said:
Cos when he brought it X1900XT XFire was the fastest gaming solution available?

I doubt he paid for it :p Its more likely the reason there is a ATI banner on the top right of the forum and OCUK are suddenly waving the ATI flag ;)

Soldato
Yeah he didnt pay for it. I remember the thread where Gibbo was talking about testing the brand new X1900s and Spie took it home :p
The banner was nvidia not so long ago - they probably just wack the current best seller up there ;)

Back
Top Bottom