• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

SeanyK said:
I dont know what to do :(

I want the X1900XT-X but I was going to buy the HIS one with the ICEq cooler on it, but thats not out for a while, and these price drops are amazing...!!!

Arghhhhhhh! What do I do!

Buy the HIS X1900 XTX now with the price drop and buy a arctic silencer for it. Its basically the same thing. OcUK might not be stocking the one with the uprated cooler.

Thats what I would do anyways. This isnt a time to miss if you got the cash to buy a X1900 series card ;)

Bennah said:
Arn't they? On the X1900 series? They look very cheap to me and everywhere else, seems to be a lot more than these prices. Great prices on the X1800 cards too.

Yep X1900 and x1800 is what im looking at. They are better than most but the same or worse than others.

Nox said:
Yep X1900 and x1800 is what im looking at. They are better than most but the same or worse than others.

I've missed all the excitement today. So whats the big deal?

I noticed the ATI prices are low this week, but this was all predicted in the Inquirer article a week or so ago.

Have I missed something?

I have looked and can honestly apart from the bay theres no where I seen offering x1900xts for this sort of price....its 80 quid cheaper than the closest electronic-buyer (;)) version of the card, and they're usually the amongst cheapest full stop. £80 off is an absolutely bloody amazing offer. I was having to consider cafefully even whether I could afford a 512MB x1800xt, now I can afford the pretty superior (esp in forthcoming games) x1900xt for about the same price! If I run aty 1280x1024, I'd imagine this card would run most coming games very well for the next couple of years, especialy with filters turned off, as it manages about 50 in fear at high reses with some filtering!

In the US the connect3d x1900xt sells for $449 (£256) + shipping and that was the first site i looked on :eek:
In the UK the same card is mostly £40 dearer than OCUK's once in a lifetime price...

After gibbo said i was prepared to be amazed, I was amazed that after the hype of the thread that it wasnt as amazing as i had hoped it to be. I was hoping for some amazing 7900GT or GTX prices, but amazingly it turned out to be ATi cards.

Ive been amazed at the disapointment this has brought me. Still the thread itself was amazing to follow, and i had a chuckle as people en mass signed in amazement about their non amazement.

You have to hand it to gibbo, he can draw a crowd like Cat Deeley working a lapdancing pole, now that would be amazing :D

Gibbo said:
Hi there

That I will tell you what were going to do will be limited to a set time period or how long stock last. This will literally be so awsome that ourselves and our partners can only sustain it so long. So you may want to start gathering funds together now because this will be an absolute one off and won't be repeated again for a very very long time.

Blooming great again, I've just bought the ATI X1900XTX because it said on the site megga deals so I rushed out and bought one again just like I did with the RAM thats now gone down straight after I bought it.

I feel like I've been had again, tell you what the next time you have the great deals I aint buying to me the boy who cried wolf has happened too many times. EVERY time I have bought because it looks like a bargain within 2 weeks the price goes down MASSIVELY, so next time you say bargain I'm waiting another 3 weeks before I come over to buy mine I'm fed up of paying good money that's turning to nothing over £100 on 2 items is no joke. :mad:

kimandsally said:
Blooming great again, I've just bought the ATI X1900XTX because it said on the site megga deals so I rushed out and bought one again just like I did with the RAM thats now gone down straight after I bought it.

I feel like I've been had again, tell you what the next time you have the great deals I aint buying to me the boy who cried wolf has happened too many times. EVERY time I have bought because it looks like a bargain within 2 weeks the price goes down MASSIVELY, so next time you say bargain I'm waiting another 3 weeks before I come over to buy mine I'm fed up of paying good money that's turning to nothing over £100 on 2 items is no joke. :mad:

The price of graphics cards seems to be more volatile than the price of oil these days.

What would be nice from OCUK is less sudden price drops and price hikes and instead, a slow and steady descent in prices over time. Something that follows the base rate, so to speak.

This way people don't feel like they've been had when they buy a card only to find out a day later its £100 cheaper.

kimandsally said:

i agree at xmas i paid £191 for an XFX 6800GS AGP and now they are going at arround 150 and now i have PCI-E im gonna sell it and will be lucky to see half what i paid for it

kimandsally said:

If you've literally just bought one and it arrived with you as these prices dropped call our sales line and they will happily refund you the difference.

I can't help the fact I am able to secure better deals with the manufacturers I deal with, if I was not bringing such deals all the time I would be rubbish at my job but as it turns out I am able to bring OcUK customers the best deals. Now I know for a fact that prices aint gonna get any better and as already mentioned they will increase by next week or when stock runs out, whichever comes sooner.

Its like tomorrow I might get a good deal on FX60's and hence drop prices plus inform you all. Then next week AMD may decide to also give us $100 per every unit sold which we could use to further reduce our sell prices to customers again. However fact is I can't see in the future all I do is my job to a very high standard always pushing for the best deals.
The fact is you choose to buy from OcUK because our pricing is good, our service is good and our delivery is fast at the time you purchase. I am not interested in making huge amounts of money but more interested in moving as much stock as possible and hence always looking for a better purchasing deal and when I get them I shout about them and push out at great prices.
I can't see X1900's ever been so cheap again because it cost more to actually buy the stock and ATI won't be doing any deals as I suspect their money pot is empty and X1900's are now selling very well in the UK and OcUK is just boosting those sales further for a limited amount of units/time.

I got this X1900 deal by purchasing a set amount of product from ATI and giving them great exposure on our website. So both ATI and OcUK have funded this together allowing us to bring you X1900's so cheap. If prices had drop in the channel then all Etailors would be selling all X1900's this cheap too, except most Etailors are approx £100 more and only 1 or 2 have tried to compete and as result make a loss in trying to match our prices......

Zephyrus said:
Yep most of the 'special offers' i've seen have merely been a precursor to the prices coming down afterwards anyway.

Not for the X1900's you will see they return back to what they were before or there abouts......

Gibbo said:
If you've literally just bought one and it arrived with you as these prices dropped call our sales line and they will happily refund you the difference.

I can't help the fact I am able to secure better deals with the manufacturers I deal with, if I was not bringing such deals all the time I would be rubbish at my job but as it turns out I am able to bring OcUK customers the best deals. Now I know for a fact that prices aint gonna get any better and as already mentioned they will increase by next week or when stock runs out, whichever comes sooner.

Its like tomorrow I might get a good deal on FX60's and hence drop prices plus inform you all. Then next week AMD may decide to also give us $100 per every unit sold which we could use to further reduce our sell prices to customers again. However fact is I can't see in the future all I do is my job to a very high standard always pushing for the best deals.
The fact is you choose to buy from OcUK because our pricing is good, our service is good and our delivery is fast at the time you purchase. I am not interested in making huge amounts of money but more interested in moving as much stock as possible and hence always looking for a better purchasing deal and when I get them I shout about them and push out at great prices.
I can't see X1900's ever been so cheap again because it cost more to actually buy the stock and ATI won't be doing any deals as I suspect their money pot is empty and X1900's are now selling very well in the UK and OcUK is just boosting those sales further for a limited amount of units/time.

Could be a good marketing ploy for ATI to lower their prices like this to entice the punters who might otherwise spend their hard earned cash on a 7900 :)

testa12 said:
Could be a good marketing ploy for ATI to lure in the punters who might otherwise spend their hard earned cash on a 7900 :)

How wrong though when the idea was started by myself and me going to ATI.

For ATI to do something on a huge scale it would take too long and by the time it happened NVIDIA will have plenty of stock in the channel and prices will come down.

Plus those who want a 7900 will buy one pretty much irrelevant of how much X1900's are. ;)

P.S.IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR AN X1900 DO BUY NOW AS X1900'S WON'T BE THIS CHEAP AGAIN OR NOT AT LEAST WITHIN THE NEXT 6 WEEKS MINIMUM AND POSSIBLY NEVER. Remember X1900 is ATI's flagship product and no new product is due for a long time and as such the top end product always sell between £350-£450 and the fact OcUK's X1900's are £300ish and lower this is proof they will all increase again once sold out and I doubt any other Etailors will be able to make such an offer. :)

Back
Top Bottom