• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Superb This Week Only Deal - Huge ATI Price Reductions!!

Associate
Well cant believe it... I watched and watched the prices and told myself that i did not need an upgrade.... then today I faltered big time eeeeek...

Now i have a Mobo, X-fire X1900's, pair of 150 Raptors and a CM stacker case on the way.... Gibbo - i hate the fact that you are too good at building up desires lol

Wish me luck with the setup when it all arrives.

Caporegime
SimonMaltby said:
Well cant believe it... I watched and watched the prices and told myself that i did not need an upgrade.... then today I faltered big time eeeeek...

Now i have a Mobo, X-fire X1900's, pair of 150 Raptors and a CM stacker case on the way.... Gibbo - i hate the fact that you are too good at building up desires lol

Wish me luck with the setup when it all arrives.

Give me some money! :p

Associate
My 1800XT 512 can't handle NFS:MW with everything maxed out @1280x1024, and don't tell me it's CPU limited as mine is Opteron 170, it doesn't feel as smooth as I have expected. So it's time to count myself as another victim of Gibbo's "ATI huge reductions" massacre. I hope the price won't crash in the next few weeks in another massacre, Gibbo. Otherwise I'll kick myself real hard in the head.
Now, where's my credit card? Hmm, another X1900XT-X sold and another X1800XT on Ebay next week :o

Associate
toucam said:
My 1800XT 512 can't handle NFS:MW with everything maxed out @1280x1024, and don't tell me it's CPU limited as mine is Opteron 170, it doesn't feel as smooth as I have expected. So it's time to count myself as another victim of Gibbo's "ATI huge reductions" massacre. I hope the price won't crash in the next few weeks in another massacre, Gibbo. Otherwise I'll kick myself real hard in the head.
Now, where's my credit card? Hmm, another X1900XT-X sold and another X1800XT on Ebay next week :o

could it possibly be poor drivers? or the fact the games engine is at fault rather than the card? /shrug

Associate
NFS:MW always plays prety crappy and jerky. Before you splash out....try defragging your hard drive before the next time u play the game and see if it makes a difference. It does on mine. Also...defragging before installing the game makes a bit of difference.
Howover...this may make the game run smoother....you may still want to buy a 1900XT-X now that you got it in your head. I did...haha :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Today is ideally your last chance to grab a cheap ATI card.....

We still have some X1900's left at the good prices. :)

The X800's are going very cheap with GTO's starting at £50 but the offers ends very soon.....

Associate
Hey Gibbo...just out of curiosity...how many ATI cards have you sold this week and how much more than normal. Just wondering if the marketing attack by ATI is paying off for them or not?

Cheers

OcUK Staff
OP
toxic said:
Hey Gibbo...just out of curiosity...how many ATI cards have you sold this week and how much more than normal. Just wondering if the marketing attack by ATI is paying off for them or not?

Cheers

Put it this way upto now this month we have sold nearly 700 X1900's alone and the month is not yet over. The promotion has worked along with our clear website, good price and good marketing all round. :)

X1800's and X1900's are absolutely flying now plus X800's are picking up but I feel people have not realised what cracking deals the X800 GTO's are.......

Associate
So is this offer still ending tomorrow or is it untill all stock has been sold?? Only asking, as I sure like a lot of others, payday is at the end of the month and don't want to miss out on a good deal when I go about ordering my full system upgrade next Tuesday :(

OcUK Staff
OP
dale1uk said:
Thats what I thought but was praying would not be the case :( :(
Seems that new systen re-think will commence tomorrow :(

This one started early Wednesday so its due to end anytime now hence why I have warned you not too hang about as were thinking of changing it within the next couple of hours because we have some stunning monitor deals to offer. Plus I have been warning you all since the offer started that prices would go back up considerably.......

Associate
yeh but if the moneys not there till the end of the month then theirs nothing I can do about it :( . Not to worry with a bit of looking and re-think on what to get I'm sure I'll find something by next week :)

Associate
toxic said:
NFS:MW always plays prety crappy and jerky. Before you splash out....try defragging your hard drive before the next time u play the game and see if it makes a difference. It does on mine. Also...defragging before installing the game makes a bit of difference.
Howover...this may make the game run smoother....you may still want to buy a 1900XT-X now that you got it in your head. I did...haha :D

Too late, I clicked on the "buy" button right after posted. It's true, once the idea gets into your head, it's impossible to shake it off. ;) If it doens't get any smoother then at least I can blame the game's engine :) with no regret.

Soldato
toucam said:
Too late, I clicked on the "buy" button right after posted. It's true, once the idea gets into your head, it's impossible to shake it off. ;) If it doens't get any smoother then at least I can blame the game's engine :) with no regret.

Any clues on the next graphic bargains for this coming week? I need a pair of cards for my systems!!!

Associate
just have to bring this up again and add that these prices were in fact absolute bargains, I had £270 saved up at the time for a new card and could have stretched to £320 for the powercolour xtx if i begged a bit to the missus and done the washing up for a week :rolleyes: but I listened to what some people were saying about other places selling for the same price so thought id leave it a bit save my own cash a bit more and bypass the washing up ;) ive now got £330 saved up and cant find an xtx anywhere near that price :( I was after the sapphire for £335 and the best I can find now is £389. I dont think my 6800gt's are gonna handle oblivion :(

Back
Top Bottom