Superfi go into Administration

Caporegime
i understand that but competition within that sector is still there from amazon, john lewis, BK. it's why they have done so well being what they are. but it doesn't guarantee in the future they will also do well.

i bought my last AVR from amazon (third party fulfilled). it's only a matter of time before they also feel the pinch on them. they have done so well as of late due to technology moving fast. people upgrading to 4K and then need new AVR's, etc. also newer tv's needing soundbars, etc. i don't plan on upgrading my AVR until it dies or 8k is released. that will stall especially when prices go up post brexit.
They’re service is so good though. They got a customer for life with me after the way they dealt with my broken TV.

Associate
sad news the Sheffield branch closed years ago, have used them a couple of times online and found the customer service to be decent.

Soldato
well economy has now slowed down to the last recession. also the domino effect of the high street is as more shops close they put strain on others. brexit will be the last nail in the coffin.

Can't you go back into the echo chamber with this stuff? It's bad enough there without infesting the rest of the forum with it.

Companies went bust before the referendum...

Caporegime
Can't you go back into the echo chamber with this stuff? It's bad enough there without infesting the rest of the forum with it.

Companies went bust before the referendum...

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that stores are facing difficult times and that throwing brexit into the mix will put even more under.

It's like when you have a pub, a bookies and a chip shop next to each other. If the pub shuts down then it will impact the other businesses.

Well when we leave the eu. Imports are going to be more expensive. Which means tech going up in price. Which means lower amounts of tech being purchased.

Otherwise what is all the fuss about? If brexit was to have zero impact why are they working so hard to make a deal.

Soldato
You don't seem to be able to comprehend that stores are facing difficult times and that throwing brexit into the mix will put even more under.

It's like when you have a pub, a bookies and a chip shop next to each other. If the pub shuts down then it will impact the other businesses.

Well when we leave the eu. Imports are going to be more expensive. Which means tech going up in price. Which means lower amounts of tech being purchased.

Otherwise what is all the fuss about? If brexit was to have zero impact why are they working so hard to make a deal.

Stores are struggling to compete with huge foreign corps (Amazon in particular.) whom seem to pay little or no tax whilst getting government incentives thrown at them like discounted business rates to set up here. We have 2 HUGE amazon warehouses in my town which we've subsidised to be their and the town centre is dying. Does not take a genius to figure this out.

Companies like Superfi get very little and are struggling to complete. At the moment the economy is growing albeit not booming so in the market they have to operate in is expanding. It's competition their problem, not the economy. The economy is no ones problem at the moment whilst growth is occurring anyone who says it is looking for a scapegoat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...n/22/uk-pay-growth-employment-weekly-earnings

Stop being a propoganda victim.

Soldato
Shame to see another company go under, but it's not a surprise, working in retail my self and it's very frustrating, every week someone comes in with the '' we want to support local BUT'' line, when/if brexit does happen and we leave with no deal i believe on WTO brown goods will have something like a 14% increase in price, whereas white goods is 2% so those that solely deal in brown will further struggle.

Soldato
Stores are struggling to compete with huge foreign corps (Amazon in particular.) whom seem to pay little or no tax whilst getting government incentives thrown at them like discounted business rates to set up here. We have 2 HUGE amazon warehouses in my town which we've subsidised to be their and the town centre is dying. Does not take a genius to figure this out.

Companies like Superfi get very little and are struggling to complete. At the moment the economy is growing albeit not booming so in the market they have to operate in is expanding. It's competition their problem, not the economy. The economy is no ones problem at the moment whilst growth is occurring anyone who says it is looking for a scapegoat.

Agree wrt to Amazon - todays results show economy shrink in dec2018 0.4%
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lts-as-brexit-jitters-hit-business-investment
albeit across the 1/4 it increased ... if business/consumer confidence persist then two successive -1/4's we have a r********n

[
unfortunately Uk not yet following Frances' government lead
.. the government prepares to push ahead with its own unilateral "GAFA tax" -- named after Google, Apple, Facebook and Amazon -- faced with the failure of EU members to agree on how to get technology companies to pay more tax on their European operations.
The tax, to be put to parliament in a bill later this month, would affect companies with global sales of more than 750 million euros and 25 million euros in France, according to the government.
It would be retroactive to January 1 and is expected to raise 500 million euros this year.
But an agreement among EU members has proved elusive.
Ireland, Denmark and Sweden have all blocked plans for a levy for fear of dissuading investment and Germany has proved lukewarm on the issue, fearing US retaliation against its car industry.
]

Associate
Of course what not so many people know about is what it was like to work for them.

Superfi were easily the worst employer I ever worked for .Long hours, hard physical work (you'd never guess!) made to work overtime for nothing, work your breaks, paid below minimum wage and used your commission to make it up to the minimum wage and if you had a poor run they'd be on you like a pack of Wolves ..the owners were nasty, horrible,rude stinking mean people and had this coming to them.

Most of the staff were just as bad albeit with some honourable exceptions.

I'm not exactly crying over this.

Soldato
Of course what not so many people know about is what it was like to work for them.

Superfi were easily the worst employer I ever worked for .Long hours, hard physical work (you'd never guess!) made to work overtime for nothing, work your breaks, paid below minimum wage and used your commission to make it up to the minimum wage and if you had a poor run they'd be on you like a pack of Wolves ..the owners were nasty, horrible,rude stinking mean people and had this coming to them.

Most of the staff were just as bad albeit with some honourable exceptions.

I'm not exactly crying over this.

a lot of companies are poorly managed

Soldato
We bought our 5.1 setup from them ages ago, they had a nice selection and good pricing. I'd be curious what will happen to all the people on finance. I know the finance deals are through a third party, but what happens if something breaks?

Back
Top Bottom