Superfi go into Administration

Soldato
We bought our 5.1 setup from them ages ago, they had a nice selection and good pricing. I'd be curious what will happen to all the people on finance. I know the finance deals are through a third party, but what happens if something breaks?

Under consumer credit laws the credit provider are jointly liable with the retailer.

Hence why it's good advice to buy things (over £100 still?) on a credit card so you've got some additional protections, even if you pay it off in full with no charges after a month.

Soldato
I loved the store in Stoke, bought loads from them in the mid 00's when I was still "into" Hi-Fi and their demo of the Yamaha YST-SW800 (800W Sub with a long throw 12in cone) literally brought the false ceiling down in the demo room!

Associate
Bought a ton of stuff from them recently only to have no answers when I called to enquire about delivery. Finally found out about them going under on local news, such a shame too as they were a really nice place to deal with.

Here's hoping credit cards live up to their promise of getting my money back.

Soldato
I bought sonys flagship soundbar a few years ago. Failed 2 times in the first year. 3rd time literally over the year. Sony didn't care and said I had to pay to have it fixed.

Amazon gave me a full refund of £1100, from a 5min webchat.

I would have bought my replacement Yamaha 2700 from them, but only RS had it in stock so drove over to them to buy.

Soldato
Yet on their twitter page it says "Leading UK #HiFi chain." and on Feb 02 they said that purchased items get a 5 year guarantee.

https://twitter.com/superfionline?lang=en

I guess like many company's the social accounts manager and main staff don't know until the last few minutes, I was told yesterday my shop is closing down by the end of this month, and currently I don't know if i have a job come April or not.

Permabanned
I guess like many company's the social accounts manager and main staff don't know until the last few minutes, I was told yesterday my shop is closing down by the end of this month, and currently I don't know if i have a job come April or not.

If it's closing down you probably won't have a job. Horrible when this happens. Been in this situation now 4 times and it's getting the normal for me now so I know what to expect when it does happen. Doesn't put me in a good position though as searching for a job and signing on is tedious! Horrible situation to be in!

Soldato
If it's closing down you probably won't have a job. Horrible when this happens. Been in this situation now 4 times and it's getting the normal for me now so I know what to expect when it does happen. Doesn't put me in a good position though as searching for a job and signing on is tedious! Horrible situation to be in!

Thankfully the business has two other shops which are staying open, the reason this shop is shutting is due to the lease coming up and the landlord being a ahole, the other two stores they own the premises.

My boss came over again today to chat and have offered me a position in my old store which i moved from to run this one, but it will entail a pay cut, annoying but at least I'll have a job in something i enjoy doing, rather than finding something else.

Running this place for the next 10 days until we stop trading here will be very odd though, and I'll miss the town as it's really nice, but I've been lucky to be in a position where I have the knowledge that no one else has in the company and they do not want to lose that, One bonus i guess is i wont be a manager and can concentrate on selling again and doing installs.

Back
Top Bottom