Supernatural?

Soldato
I do like Supernatural but my absolute favourite episodes aren't the major arc ones, nor the most "dramatic". No, I'm a sucker for their p***-take epsiodes. The one where they end up playing themselves in Hollywood was hysterical ("The French Mistake", S06E15) but the best has to be the one where they end up fighting a black&white-movie style Dracula at a beer fest ("Monster Movie, S04E05). I was crying with laughter in that one. :)

Same.

Hate the emo whinefest the main story arc has become but the standalones are normally great fun!

Soldato
I gave up on this show after it went downhill after season 5. The leviathan stuff was complete garbage. I was a big fan up til that point. I really liked the comedy episodes, especially when they broke the 4th wall.

Still love the show, but after the end of Season 5 the spark is just gone. It's really lost the gravitas and heart that it had previously, but the fact that it's still the best thing on TV really speaks to the quality of seasons 2-5 IMO.

Soldato
OP
I was concerned after the strong ending that Season 5 had, Season 6 didn't start out that well but it picked up by the end. So far Season 7 has been pretty good. I don't think it's a case of 'they should have left it there', but they definitely could have left it there.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Well they had an awesome run and proved the doubters wrong, am happy they can end it while still being on a good note. The cast can attend conventions for the rest of their lives and make even more money.

I heard all those back door pilots to other spin off shows pretty much failed, I don't think you can replicate two brothers fighting evil it was short and simple.
Am glad the wayward sisters did not make the cut, very few women can pull of that job, not unless they have super powers or are the chosen one or both !

Soldato
I was into it up to season 6 but then been on and off since. Currently on season 12 I think !

I haven't watched that many shows but nothing really like it especially when it comes to longetivity.

Associate
I was into it up to season 6 but then been on and off since. Currently on season 12 I think !

I haven't watched that many shows but nothing really like it especially when it comes to longetivity.
I love it for the fact that you can jump into monster of the week episodes, but there's always an overarching storyline. Genuinely going to miss it when it's gone.

Soldato
I stopped watching during the Leviathan story arc iirc. It went on for far too long and the seasons felt quite tired. It is nice to see the show going out on its own terms and not being cancelled like most. Hell I may just watch that last season.

Soldato
Not sure what season I got to, it was basically evil castiel/leviathan nonsense and seemed to lose it's charm rapidly.

I'd love to go back to it though as it was consistently entertaining up until that point.

Associate
Not sure what season I got to, it was basically evil castiel/leviathan nonsense and seemed to lose it's charm rapidly.

I'd love to go back to it though as it was consistently entertaining up until that point.
The Leviathan season was one of the roughest. It must be really strange for the actors (especially the two leads) knowing that they won't be together all the time.

Back
Top Bottom