Survive The Forest

Soldato
OP
Early finish today for me :)

Off to buy it now...

Hopefully the P v E version is in, as I would rather play that first than get the bejeezus scared out of me:)

Soldato
Right... Looted the area around the airplane, some weird people eventually turned up, I left, they followed. They attacked, I killed 2, died and ended up in a cave. I'm not good with scary games so left it there lol. Will wait for my other half to get home :p

Associate
Just been watching a stream where he hit these freaky jungle people with an axe 15-20 times, they eventually went down like they were dead, after a few seconds they got up and ran off, up comes a random jungle dweller and one hits him. There also seems to be no save feature at the moment?

Soldato
Found plenty of bugs already, will write them up when I get to work and have some time on the toilet.

Seems like a great engine though. Needs a LOT of work.

Game does not save, shelter or no shelter you are starting again.

Associate
After playing about 20 mins it is great for a version 0.01 alpha build, graphics are very good indeed. Of course there are lots of bugs and quite a bit of stuff will need to be tweaked (I'll write up a list of what I've encountered so far later), but that is to be expected with a very early build.

This game has great potential imo :)

Associate
Will take a couple of screenshots in a bit, gameplay wasn't exactly smooth but it's pretty good for maxed out at 1440p in very early alpha - but I wasn't monitoring frame-rates, I assume SLI isn't working yet :)

Associate
Main point of difficulty at the moment is that it is nigh on impossible to kill those Jungle people, and every-time you start a new game they show up outside the plane crash in their tens pretty quickly. That is a gameplay issue which will need to be sorted fairly quickly in my opinion as there isn't a whole lot you can do about it!

There are a few graphical and collision detection bugs such as being able to enter the plane again through the tail (walking straight through the solid shell). Also, the animation for trees falling down is fine until they almost hit the ground where they suddenly turn into a flashing interactive item - I think that should be changed so that they just fall to the ground normally and still appear as a normal log for immersion.

But, again, these are all things which will inevitably be changed/fixed in coming updates - on the whole, it is playable and is pretty darn good for a version 0.01 build.

Soldato
OP
1080 with everything maxxed out, looks like xfire isn't working yet...

TBH the picture doesn't do it justice, the scenery is great!

8CB96C8965A2E510C3D2B435C384D26C3CEBDD45

Back
Top Bottom