• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Surviving Mars

Man of Honour
I agree, installed it yesterday though but it is a good mod. Also recommending the Wind Turbine that Panos made, solar power during the day and when they turn off, the Wind Turbine comes on during the night only to keep my dome supplied with enough power, great little mod that is !

Neat idea!

Soldato
OP
Did a little test yesterday. The resources on a location is at the same place each time. The location I am at presently I restarted 3 times (due to trying things out) and decided to do a test with that location so started up a new game, everything different from start and then just brought with me 15 probes, cleared random squares, and it was exactly same as what I already found. Now, not sure if it is the same for other players though, but I suspect it is. If anyone up for it I guess we could test it out. Wont mind to go and check if anyone leaves the co-ordinates and a screeny from above to show the resources laid out. :p

One thing though, resources might be the same but the breakthroughs are randomly, I have not got the same breakthrough the 3 times I restarted the location. Which shucks since the first start I got Extraction AI and would love to get it again ! :p

Any tips how to increase population ?? My mission is to get 200 colonists before Sol 100, am at Sol 27 and have 25 Colonists, so a tad short ! :p

Soldato
Did a little test yesterday. The resources on a location is at the same place each time. The location I am at presently I restarted 3 times (due to trying things out) and decided to do a test with that location so started up a new game, everything different from start and then just brought with me 15 probes, cleared random squares, and it was exactly same as what I already found. Now, not sure if it is the same for other players though, but I suspect it is. If anyone up for it I guess we could test it out. Wont mind to go and check if anyone leaves the co-ordinates and a screeny from above to show the resources laid out. :p

One thing though, resources might be the same but the breakthroughs are randomly, I have not got the same breakthrough the 3 times I restarted the location. Which shucks since the first start I got Extraction AI and would love to get it again ! :p

Any tips how to increase population ?? My mission is to get 200 colonists before Sol 100, am at Sol 27 and have 25 Colonists, so a tad short ! :p

Do you have space and infrastructure? If so, bring the rocker with people :)

Soldato
OP
Do you have space and infrastructure? If so, bring the rocker with people :)
So far have one dome, planning on building a couple more though, so be needing ppl for those. Have the medium dome since it was free with India so guess can fill it up with mostly unspecified ppl, some nursery, schools and university in that one and hope for the best. :p

Edit: On a different note, the Bug Report I made is now on page 7 of their bug thread, no replies from anyone. Guessing it will be going away without hearing back from them. :( :p

Last edited:
Soldato
So far have one dome, planning on building a couple more though, so be needing ppl for those. Have the medium dome since it was free with India so guess can fill it up with mostly unspecified ppl, some nursery, schools and university in that one and hope for the best. :p

Edit: On a different note, the Bug Report I made is now on page 7 of their bug thread, no replies from anyone. Guessing it will be going away without hearing back from them. :( :p

Check post patch.... Some say is fixed since last week

Medium some can hold more than 100 people, that includes spaces for nursery, children playground and every support building.

Soldato
Fyi if someone has joined the official FB surviving mars page, the image they shared today with the meteor smashing the Dome, taken from the inhabitants is mine... (Tsakir Pan)
More pics from different angles of that events are on the surviving mars fans group in FB.

the game is truly beautiful.

Man of Honour
Fyi if someone has joined the official FB surviving mars page, the image they shared today with the meteor smashing the Dome, taken from the inhabitants is mine... (Tsakir Pan)
More pics from different angles of that events are on the surviving mars fans group in FB.

the game is truly beautiful.

Good work :)

Have installed the mod to be able to have multiple moholes and also the recent better zoom mod.

Soldato
Daft Q, I started as blue sun (deep mines/deep scan) and astrogeologist.

On arrival to Mars I take as many probes as possible and it deep scans showing me anomalies and deep metals/water. When I setup my colony it then allows me to scan the sectors again, it never reveals resources, they are already revealed/scanned. And so far I haven't had any extra anomalies show up either. Is this a bug or should the scan reveal extra anomalies?

Soldato
OP

On arrival to Mars I take as many probes as possible and it deep scans showing me anomalies and deep metals/water. When I setup my colony it then allows me to scan the sectors again, it never reveals resources, they are already revealed/scanned. And so far I haven't had any extra anomalies show up either. Is this a bug or should the scan reveal extra anomalies?
As I understand it, the probes you used have already scanned the area, so wont be rescanned. Any non scanned areas you still should be able to scan and reveal resources if any there.

Soldato
As I understand it, the probes you used have already scanned the area, so wont be rescanned. Any non scanned areas you still should be able to scan and releal resources if any there.

Thats what I thought, but it allows me to re scan the sectors that I had already deep scanned with the probes before I landed :) It seems it might be a waste of time to re scan them in that case as it won't reveal anything at all.

Soldato
OP
Thats what I thought, but it allows me to re scan the sectors that I had already deep scanned with the probes before I landed :) It seems it might be a waste of time to re scan them in that case as it won't reveal anything at all.
Then have no clue.. I thought a deep scan meant it all scanned.. maybe not.. I only done normal scan with probes so when deep scanning it gone over it again.. Maybe @Panos know more about it ?

Soldato
OP
Wasn't aware that there is mods on Nexus as well for this game, not that there is many though. Found this one, which I think is a god send. Not sure if others have the same problem with the map scrolling away when you move the mouse to the edges of the map, it has for me though. This is the mod: No Border Scrolling by mk-fg

Edit: Forgot to post this as well. Find it interesting that in a thread over at Steam in regards to "What's up with people changing their job?" one of the developers posted this earlier today, and in the same post pointing out a couple mods that are "promising" and people could try them out for the time being.

Posted by Mnementh (developer) over at Steam

There was a bug that could cause cascade reassignment of workers to wrong places, which was fixed in the last update. That said, we're still working to improve the assignment logic and more fixes are being ironed out as we speak.

For the time being, there're several promising new mods that you could try. For example:

Since we have been discussing it here I thought I post it for you to read. :p

Hopefully the dev's will be able to sort it out and the mods wont be needed any longer. I just installed the two mentioned mobs due to last evening after several sol's passed my workers were all miss matched again with their jobs. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Then have no clue.. I thought a deep scan meant it all scanned.. maybe not.. I only done normal scan with probes so when deep scanning it gone over it again.. Maybe @Panos know more about it ?

The probes only scal what is your tech ability. If you do not have Deep scanning, they will only do normal surface scan.
If you start with Astrogeologist which gives you deep scan, they probes will deep scan from the start.

Howrver your starting area is only level 1 scanned regardless the commander, even if that is Astrogeologist.

Soldato
OP
The probes only scal what is your tech ability. If you do not have Deep scanning, they will only do normal surface scan.
If you start with Astrogeologist which gives you deep scan, they probes will deep scan from the start.

Howrver your starting area is only level 1 scanned regardless the commander, even if that is Astrogeologist.
Yeah, that's how i thought it worked. Although from what VaderDSL is saying, he seem to have a different experience with it ??

Soldato

Yeah, that's how i thought it worked. Although from what VaderDSL is saying, he seem to have a different experience with it ??

That’s what has me confused, as Blue Sun with Astrogeologist. Take a load of probes with you. Before you land your first rocket, scan say 9 sectors and land in one of them. You can then see they have been deep scanned, but it will still let you select them to scan normally :) it won’t reveal anything new.

Soldato
That’s what has me confused, as Blue Sun with Astrogeologist. Take a load of probes with you. Before you land your first rocket, scan say 9 sectors and land in one of them. You can then see they have been deep scanned, but it will still let you select them to scan normally :) it won’t reveal anything new.

Huh. I will check it :)

Associate
Does anyooe know how to complete the "inner light" mystery?
A Google didn't come up with anything.

I'm pretty much done with that playthrough but it just won't complete.
I can build sanatorium and "cure Dreamers" that's the last message I had in my log.
I've build them and selected dreamers but still nothing... I'm at sol 400!

Back
Top Bottom