System build guide

Permabanned
Well, my order will be shipped tomorrow, so I'd better ring them up tomorrow and see if I can change it in time. That adapter you linked btw seems to be one 6 pin to 2 molex? But my card has two 6 pin connector sockets. I'm also wondering if the spec written for that OCZ psu has omitted to say that there's also another 6 pin connector, because in the main paragraph it does say it has 2 pci-e connectors.

Associate
Excellent post, thank you.

I have a quick question you may be able to help me with?

I'm going to start a new build soon and already have the following:

- Akasa Eclipse 62 case with front & rear 120mm fans
- XFi Fatal1ty gamer edition PCI card (with front panel & remote control)
- FSP Sparkle 700W PSU

I'm thinking of buying the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO mobo and was wondering whether my old case would accomodate this newish board and if this board will accomodate my old XFi card?

Separately will my (hardly used) FSP PSU run everything OK? I say hardly used because I bought it a while ago, I had it running for like 3 months and the mobo it was running bailed out on me. :rolleyes:

Cheers
Daz

Last edited:
Associate
My Current Gaming System Config. Is:

Cooler Master NVidia 690 Cabinet with 6 120mm Fans
Cooler Master 1100W Silent Pro Gold PSU
Gigabyte EP35-DS3P Motherboard Ver. 2.1
INTEL E8400 3.0 Ghz CPU with 6MB L2 cache
ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5 3D
Creative XFi Fatality Platinum Ed. Sound-Blaster Card
Transcend 2GB x 2 = 4GB DDR 2 800Mhz RAM
2 DVD-RW (1 SONY & 1 SAMSUNG) 32X
Seagate 1TB x 2 = 2TB Seagte 7200 rpm HDD UDMA2
Seagate 500GB 7200rpm HDD UDMA2
Benq 22" HD LCD Monitor 'G2220HD' with 2 ms response
Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 Speakers
Logitech MX518 Mouse
Logitech Easy Keyboard
ALL OEM Versions 1) Windows XP - Home Edition SP-2 OEM 2) Windows Vista Home Premium SP-1 Windows 7 32Bit Home Premium, Free Duplicate File Finder .
All Original Net Purchased Internet Security 1) Norton IS 2012. 2) Mcafee Total Security 2012
Luminious Offline 1Kva UPS

Is This Configuration Compatible For Diablo 3 To Run On Highest Graphics Settings...? Will It Run Smooth With Full Graphic Support With My PC Configuraion...?

Associate
Brilliant guide. Just used it to build two PCs in a row one for me and one for son for Xmas.

Really handy to have everything there with Pics and it helped give me a bit of confidence with bits I may have been worried about without it.

Associate
Wow, thanks for this guide. I've been looking to replace my current POS with a new built system when I get the money. This definitely helps. Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.

Associate
(I) Next align the supplied side brackets with the back plate followed by screwing them into positing. Then screw the cross bar into the side brackets. Do so by turning each of the screws in regular intervals until they are unable to be tightened.

5389877963_dff2c5cbe1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

what the hell is this pic about? bit unclear what that big metal thing is lol???

Back
Top Bottom