• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

T-Rad2 installation Guide and Initial Thoughts

Associate
WILLBO...Eager to know if you get much of a drop with that spot cooler at load. I thought youd run it looking straight down the card or 1mm from vrms...lol!

Im gonna order one and a TR mosfet HS as in link earlier and see how it runs with spot cooler direct onto the HS. I have a HR03 cooler somewhere so will see what happens.

I've been on lates this week so havent had much chance to run a game at full details for a couple of hours to really find out. Although finished FC2 couple of nights ago so will be playing Dead Space tonight when I get in to see how it gets on.

Couldn't really get the spot cooler close enough to blow direct on the VRM's...the TRad2 has made things abit crowded there due to it imposing on my SATA ports. Will have a reshuffle around, but at the moment its just blowing from underneath at the VRM end, will see what temps I get like this for an hour, then switch it to blowing on top to see what temps I get then as well and will keep you updated.

Permabanned
Well, i bought an Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 VGA Cooler for my mates 9800 GT and waw!!!! Really superb cooler. I was going to get the T-Rad2 but i am so glad i got the Accelero now. Idle temps are around 37 and after gaming for a couple of hours 48. This is with a Noctua 120mm fan running at 800rpm. Very pleased.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
tried my trad with my fan frames as shrouds to eliminate deadspot on the cooler

there was a minimal heat decrease

so not worth getting shrouds for

Don
with my trad in place, i can't fit a xonar dx in anywhere, so i might have to 'make' a shroud for mine that lets it fit in place, i'll make a thread for it if i do decide to do that

Permabanned
rikoneill

I have just ordered a 9800 GT and a T-Rad2. Should have them on monday. I will do some tests on them and let you know what the temps are.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
with my trad in place, i can't fit a xonar dx in anywhere, so i might have to 'make' a shroud for mine that lets it fit in place, i'll make a thread for it if i do decide to do that

bledd. what do you mean? im confused - it sounds interesting

rikoneill

I have just ordered a 9800 GT and a T-Rad2. Should have them on monday. I will do some tests on them and let you know what the temps are.

dont forget to include:
card. fans used.
temps for the following
stock idle. stock load. trad idle. trad load

Associate
Ok..it was Saturday, I was drunk and at 2am decided to take off the Trad and replace with stock cooler. Recall going a little OTT with the AS5, as its all the place and I'm still finding the little heatsinks from where I pinged them off the card. OMG!!! lmao!

With CCC running the fan at 30-35% (about 2250rpm) she is still fairly quiet and getting similar temps to the Trad only with more stable VRM temps.

Off top of my head as at work, the idle was about 46 on the GPU and VRMs at 55c. Load was 69 on GPU and 78 on VRMS.

Water cooling for xmas so gonna wait till then.

Associate
ummm...lol

/me looks sheepishly at the floor...because I dont think the Trad is giving the 4870 any loving.

The VRM temps are stupid without stock cooler.

Why fit the Trad and then have to fit a spot cooler just to help cool the VRM?

Meh....grumble grumble grumble.

Back
Top Bottom