Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Good loot!
Feel like a kid again :)

I know a lot of YouTube peeps try and tell you you don't need Citadel branded tools and they are overpriced but they feel so nice in hand. Also picked myself up 2 Raphael 8404 brushes 2/0 and a 2.

Also so much for me not being interested in Warhammer 40k... Leman!!!!!! also Bjron!! Had to get me some Space Wolves.

Just primed my last Stromcast models so I can get them done and move onto the good stuff!!!

Soldato
b7y633dgg3861.jpg

Soldato
My last 3 Stormcast models. (Apart from a Lord on draconine) I feel that my painting is getting a lot neater and finally thinning my paints correctly.
The gold seems to be too close to the orange so might switch it to silver.
PXL-20201229-085529431.jpg
Still have to shade the gold and highlight but I got a gloss shade coming so will wait. Tried to be fancy with the starmace but ended up using to much shade.
PXL-20210101-163110188.jpg

PXL-20210101-163705169.jpg

My first Space Marine. It was looking real neat and tidy until I tried to pin shade it and highlight lol but don't think it's to shabby.
PXL-20210101-165302987.jpg

PXL-20210101-165024261.jpg

It's a test run before I start my Spacewolf army. What do you think of the main colour. It's Russ over standard Mechanical grey.

Soldato
My last 3 Stormcast models. (Apart from a Lord on draconine) I feel that my painting is getting a lot neater and finally thinning my paints correctly.
The gold seems to be too close to the orange so might switch it to silver.
PXL-20201229-085529431.jpg
Still have to shade the gold and highlight but I got a gloss shade coming so will wait. Tried to be fancy with the starmace but ended up using to much shade.
PXL-20210101-163110188.jpg

PXL-20210101-163705169.jpg

My first Space Marine. It was looking real neat and tidy until I tried to pin shade it and highlight lol but don't think it's to shabby.

It's a test run before I start my Spacewolf army. What do you think of the main colour. It's Russ over standard Mechanical grey.

Bit heretical!
There no CC weapons, he isn't covered in blood, and he's using a helm!
Tiss a nice colour scheme though.

Soldato
@Bigpig marine looks good. Colour looks good. Paint more of them and pew pew!
Cheers have Fang coming to see what I prefer as a base.
Bit heretical!
There no CC weapons, he isn't covered in blood, and he's using a helm!
Tiss a nice colour scheme though.
O I would agree. This was just a freebie I had lying around and have been busy looking at company colours for shoulders and pack markings.

Seems the older Space wolves models have more personality than Primaris models.

Soldato
Just got my bros copy of space hulk ( new edition )
Not painted in a while and it shows! Started on the gene stealers, mixed bag I guess.

Next up the terminators..
They look okay but a bit too much bling bling on them for my tastes.

Will attempt some pics tomorrow of the heretical abominations that are my/his models

Soldato
Anybody else using Vallejo Game Color? The adherence of the Orange I have isn't great (Yellow and oranges are ofcourse notoriously bad). I have 3 thinned coats over a wash and its patchy and streaky still, and even with thin coats some of the detail is beginnign to be obscured. I'm going to try their Model Color as it's apparently bette, but I dont recall ever having this issue with the Citadel paints.

- GP

Soldato
The gold seems to be too close to the orange so might switch it to silver.Still have to shade the gold and highlight but I got a gloss shade coming so will wait. Tried to be fancy with the starmace but ended up using to much shade.

Space wolves are one of the coolest chapters, that base isnt standard is it, is that a space hero hero sprue?

Soldato
Space wolves are one of the coolest chapters, that base isnt standard is it, is that a space hero hero sprue?
Not sure where it's from. The local shop give it to me as a freebie for a painting competition. Never really wanted to get into 40K but it slowly won me over. Only really started on the first lockdown but already have plenty of models to paint :)

Soldato
The Space Wolf (or general marine base) is part of the starter kits, they put a bit more effort into the bases on those models not sure why, and they are all push to fit as well.

I'm actually painting some Space Wolves at the moment, I'll dig a photo out at some point and share it. Really enjoying how the different layers build up, the base colour is almost Ultramarine then you end with the really light blue.

edit: photo's attached of the two I have completed, the first one is actually one of the starter basic Primaris Sergeants but decided to pimp him up with a cloak and a power sword.

h7JHG46.jpg

7W1tM90.jpg

Always forget how much pictures make me hate my own painting, faults that the naked eye can't see are so obvious in photos :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure where it's from. The local shop give it to me as a freebie for a painting competition. Never really wanted to get into 40K but it slowly won me over. Only really started on the first lockdown but already have plenty of models to paint :)

Cool. Yea I got back into it after a 12yr hiatus, already got a growing pile of shame.

The Space Wolf (or general marine base) is part of the starter kits, they put a bit more effort into the bases on those models not sure why, and they are all push to fit as well.

I'm actually painting some Space Wolves at the moment, I'll dig a photo out at some point and share it. Really enjoying how the different layers build up, the base colour is almost Ultramarine then you end with the really light blue.

edit: photo's attached of the two I have completed, the first one is actually one of the starter basic Primaris Sergeants but decided to pimp him up with a cloak and a power sword.

Always forget how much pictures make me hate my own painting, faults that the naked eye can't see are so obvious in photos :p

Oh right, I just ordered some skulls to beef up my bases a bit.

Ive been watching Darren Latham vids on youtube, makes me want to throw all my models in the bin xD

Its just practice and patience init, a good comfy seat and braced elbows helps as well I find, get those rims painted black and ya sorted! :)

Soldato
Cool. Yea I got back into it after a 12yr hiatus, already got a growing pile of shame.

Oh right, I just ordered some skulls to beef up my bases a bit.

Ive been watching Darren Latham vids on youtube, makes me want to throw all my models in the bin xD

Its just practice and patience init, a good comfy seat and braced elbows helps as well I find, get those rims painted black and ya sorted! :)

Oh yeah I need to sort the bases, will just wait until I've finished the full squad to sort bases, just the Marines themselves I've done.

Soldato
For anyone who's interested ive started putting my dudes on Instagram, im not a professional or anything just somewhere to document my progress really. There is some awesome talent on Insta though.

My page: misanthropy_miniatures

Soldato
I've gone full GW :eek:

Decided to have a crack at Astreia Solbright. Really pleased how this turned out. Still got some final highlights to do in a few places.

Ready to move on to Realm Lords or Spacewolves can't make my mind up yet. Probably end up buying some else while trying to decide:p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've gone full GW :eek:

Decided to have a crack at Astreia Solbright. Really pleased how this turned out. Still got some final highlights to do in a few places.

Ready to move on to Realm Lords or Spacewolves can't make my mind up yet. Probably end up buying some else while trying to decide:p

Looks good, is that Retributor armour for the gold?

Quite a haul there, im hovering over the buy button for a venerable dreadnought but really want to finish my Death Company before I buy anymore.... and the Baal predator.... and the primaris lieutenant, heh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom