Take the buzzfeed sci-fi movie nerd test

Soldato
Reasons why? It genuinely is a solid movie for the franchise.

I found it pretty average to be honest, given the hype surrounding it it was just a bland disappointment as far as Marvel movies go. I doubt I'll see the sequel if one ever comes out.

That said I'm a bit sick of the Marvel movies in general, I haven't enjoyed the last 4-5 I've seen all that much.

The only exception to the above is the Guardians of the Galaxy, genuinely enjoyed both movies and I'll happily go and see the next.

PS: I got 46 on that page.

Caporegime
I found it pretty average to be honest, given the hype surrounding it it was just a bland disappointment as far as Marvel movies go. I doubt I'll see the sequel if one ever comes out.

That said I'm a bit sick of the Marvel movies in general, I haven't enjoyed the last 4-5 I've seen all that much.

The only exception to the above is the Guardians of the Galaxy, genuinely enjoyed both movies and I'll happily go and see the next.

PS: I got 46 on that page.
It is an average film. The later Marvel films have become very safe, middle of the road movies so as not to incite anyone or upset anyone. Go and watch Ironman and see and feel the difference. The Disney softening effect is real.

Soldato
37/51

Have not seen:

Gravity
Her
Mr Nobody
Snowpiercer - not bothered about
Black Panther - and won't bother with either
Limitless - do want to see this

Her and Mr Nobody - am i missing out by not watching these?!

Soldato
Definitely missing out not seeing Mr Nobody. It's probably just sneaking into my top 10 on that list.

Which incidentally I would put something like:

1. Children of Men
2. Blade Runner
3. Arrival
4. Interstellar
5. Alien
6. The Fountain
7. Inception
8. Moon
9. Aliens
10. Mr Nobody

Man of Honour
OP
Is this bait (because I seen this Q coming)?

No? Everyone I know that watched it liked it, we saw it at the cinema and the experience was good. Rotten Tomatoes critics rate it 97% fresh and the audience score is 79% so globally speaking, it's a rather good hit with the punters. Naturally we can always expect a handful of people to not like a movie, regardless of how good it is.

As a fan of the Marvel universe, it was a fitting movie and it was done well. Not much more to say to that really. It tied in a bunch of elements that tied in the other movies as well.

Permabanned
You've just given everyone confirmation.

You do not speak for everyone and your assumptions make you a "guess the word" and to top it off everyone here including the guy who asked me the question has inputted on topic apart from you as you are here to do what you do best and that is TROLL.

Soldato
You do not speak for everyone and your assumptions make you a "guess the word" and to top it off everyone here including the guy who asked me the question has inputted on topic apart from you as you are here to do what you do best and that is TROLL.
You're hilariously odd.

Soldato
Not sure I'd class anyone who has watched most of those as a sci-fi nerd. As somebody points out in the comments on that site, most are just mainstream blockbusters. Many people will just watch those, regardless of whether it's sci-fi or not.

Given the type of site buzzfeed is though, I guess it's not wholly unexpected. :p

I imagine this type of question has appeared on proper film sites before with mostly lesser known sci-fi films, to sort out the real sci-fi nerds from the wannabes. :p

For what it's worth, I've watched 43 of them.

36/51.

Not sure why The Truman Show is bundled as “Sci-Fi”.

Maybe because of technology used to record Truman every where he went in his world, was not possible at the time the film was made. Cameras have certainly got smaller, but maybe in 1998 they would have been too big, or the equipment needed to transmit signals, etc.

The Prestige is another that I would not class as a sci-fi film. In my opinion, it's more drama and mystery. It's been a long time since I saw it, but someone mentioned that there is a teleporter, which would put the film in the sci-fi category, at least in part.

Soldato
Some looked too **** to bother watching. Others were so **** I wish I'd never bothered... even the ones I knew were gonna be ****.
Some I'd not even consider proper Sci-Fi anyway.

Soldato
I've not seen:

Mr Nobody
The Fountain
Children of Men
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

You checked 47 out of 51 on this list!
NERD!
You're a totally Sci-Fi cinephile! You love getting lost in the fantasy of it all and you probably have a lot of random sci-movie knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom