Take the buzzfeed sci-fi movie nerd test

Soldato
There's better sci fi films than are on this list.

Some of thr list are more drama than having anything to do with a science fiction setting or concept.

I'd expect films like Equilibrium, Event horizon, 2001, District 9, Fifth element, Tron, Gattaca over a bunch of recent super hero films.

Last edited:
Soldato

Some of thr list are more drama than having anything to do with a science fiction setting or concept.

I'd expect films like Equilibrium, Event horizon, 2001, District 9, Fifth element, Tron, Gattaca over a bunch of recent super hero films.

True. Could include Metropolis, Forbidden Planet, Quatermass & the Pit, The Day the Earth Caught Fire, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Day of the Triffids, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Night Caller from Outer Space et al. But then the demographic that that site seems to be aimed at, namely the idiot generation with the attention span of a retarded goldfish, probably wouldn't appreciate their inclusion.

Soldato

Yep; but look at what type of website it is. :p

I'd expect there to be more proper sci-fi films if the same question was asked on Empire or Total Film, etc.

Back
Top Bottom