Tamzzy's back to air-cooling ITX build

Soldato
The X570 Xtreme is calling you:
Interesting watch - I like his straight talking, no BS approach.

And with that in mind, I'm holding fast for the B550 - which will, piggy-back the success of the 'then' fully matured x570 BIOS - along with their fanless design thanks to my incessant moaning.

*And while i'm buying my Cuckoo-Land branded B550 motherboard, i'll formulate a peace treaty in the middle east and eradicate world poverty...

Man of Honour
OP
@Alan1969 b450i is not a bad choice for the 3600 :) don't need strong VRMs to drive those chips
the rvz03 fits the cryorig c1 (without shroud) and a 25mm thick fan no issues. i removed the central bracket as it made cabling harder...

Soldato
Are times when I thought, right. Just flip the 3 slot monster GPU and it's a good kid with ITX board.. the. Realised... Silverstone is watching and I don't have £230 for a board haha .
Even if Silverstone weren't watching - too many members interested in operation "Square Peg, Round Hole" - no turning back now :p

See if I can dremel tomorrow
You'll need to get your wife plus 7 month bump on camera duty - DSLR; set to movie mode. Perhaps, edit out the profanity and severed digits before uploading...

*Pics look great, BTW.

Associate
@Alan1969 b450i is not a bad choice for the 3600 :) don't need strong VRMs to drive those chips
the rvz03 fits the cryorig c1 (without shroud) and a 25mm thick fan no issues. i removed the central bracket as it made cabling harder...
for my RV03 I used a spire cooler (the one with the copper plug but lower fan speed and noise than the new spire) that came with my daughters 1700. Though the spire cooler is noticeably taller than the stealth that came with the 3600 - it fits very well into the Rv03 case. The RV03 case actually has quite a lot of room (for ATX power, long graphics cards and a decent cpu cooler).

I did consider a better cpu cooler like noctua. That cryorig c1 looks good though (heat pipes and 140mm fan). I have those funky team group 8pack 3200 cl14 memory with the tall heat spreaders - though they be compatible with the c1 cooler?

Soldato
Chromax - very de-riguer(sp)!

You've remembered you haven't got a window on this build? :D

**I'm guessing you would still be able to make out the Noctua 'distinct' beige through the vent?

Soldato
Didn't realise these had so many mounting options.
Yeah, they're a cool bit of kit - but at a premium. Only the rich or people who waste their money on barley noticeable aesthetics can afford them :D (@tamzzy was this a conflicting purchase for you? :p)

*I have to admit - if i had a window/visible (on display) i would get the Chromax, fortunately fully surround opaque panels can save a lot of money.

It's a bit of a cash cow for them as you can disguise your Noctua cooler with addon shroud and fans. They may as well relent...

Anecdotally, and always have carrots and sweetcorn...
Anecdotally? You should have gathered conclusive, disgusting evidence/data by now.

/shudders - just had a myriad of 'funny' vomit stories flood into my head from clinically challenged friends...

Last edited:
Soldato
The vomit coloured fans were a good fiver cheaper... :(
@tamzzy, I forgot to ask, are you up and running properly now?

i.e. do you have 2 working sticks of memory and has your CPU finally been allowed the luxury of the full/whole coating of TIM (i've named your 3700X, Oliver Twist)? :D

If so, how much have temps changed?

Man of Honour
OP
. I have those funky team group 8pack 3200 cl14 memory with the tall heat spreaders - though they be compatible with the c1 cooler?
Missed the question in your post lol.
C1 can accommodate max 42mm tall ram only. Unless you can remove the top heatspreaders...I don't think it will fit

Back
Top Bottom