Associate
1. Number of years driving - 2
2. Average mileage per year - 10000
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 0
4. Number of cars you've written off - 0
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 0
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road -
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - Yes
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - 0
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user - 0
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 2
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 2 tickets in past month :eek:

Soldato
Mr_Sukebe said:
Merlin has started with a "rate your own" ability.
Here's a few questions to make you think about how you actually drive:

1. Number of years driving - 12
2. Average mileage per year - 45,000+
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault -0
4. Number of cars you've written off -0
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license -0
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road -165
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No)- y
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another once or twice
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) --once or twice
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar- more than 50.
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp 0

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 16 months
2. Average mileage per year - 5000
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 120mph
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - 0
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - 3
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 0
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 0

Pretty dull really, but 120mph for a Rover is pretty good :p

Soldato
1. Number of years driving -- 21 years Bike 20 years car
2. Average mileage per year-- about 15-20k (Used to be 40k+)
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault-- 3 (2 slow speed shunts and 1 write off)
4. Number of cars you've written off-- 1 ( totalled 3 month old scooby)
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license-- 9 at one time but over 20 in total
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road-- 165 (185 at Millbrook)
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix-- Yes but rarley
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user-- a few times ;)
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user-- Often
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar-- 20+ On bikes and cars
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp-- 30+ Parking tickets

Persil

Soldato
1. Number of years driving 17
2. Average mileage per year 10
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault 2
4. Number of cars you've written off 0
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license 0
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road 150
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) Rarely
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user Never
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) Once or twice a year
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar 0
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp 2

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 4.5
2. Average mileage per year - 12,000
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 1 :mad:
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 70 (may or may not be true.)
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - No
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - 0
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 4

Last edited:
Soldato
Mr_Sukebe said:
1. Number of years driving
2. Average mileage per year
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault
4. Number of cars you've written off
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No)
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count)
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp

1. 1 and a bit
  2. ~2,500
    Not much, work/school are walking distance, most driving is for pleasure. saying that I have been known to do 150+ miles purely for pleasure.
  3. None
  4. None
  5. None
  6. Just over 100.
    Flat out in a 1.2 Clio
  7. Not really.
  8. Never
    I mutter and talk to myself
  9. Countless.
  10. Never, unfortunatly.
  11. None.

Bit boring if you've not been driving long...

Last edited:
Permabanned
1. Number of years driving - 7 (and used to have a car as a kid)
2. Average mileage per year - 15k
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 120
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix - once or twice
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - 0
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - a fair few

i wont be answering merlins rate yourself thread since every time you drive things happen differently. and most people that answered think theyre better than they actually are.

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 1 and a bit y0
2. Average mileage per year - 20k
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 3
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 120
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - Nope
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - Never
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - Never
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 1
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 1 I parked in a disabled bay about 20 metres away from where I had to be in an interview five minutes previously.

Soldato
1. Number of years driving - 2years
2. Average mileage per year - 7000
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 140mph
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) Yes
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user 0
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) Quite a few
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - been karting about 6 times on an indoor track
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 1

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
1. Number of years driving
3 years
2. Average mileage per year
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault
4. Number of cars you've written off
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road
~105 GPS
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix
No
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count)
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar
In hours, at least 100, perhaps more.
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp

Associate
1. Number of years driving - 13 and a half
2. Average mileage per year - 35-45k
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 2
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license - 12, but many more over the time
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 140mph
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - Err too many :o
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - As above
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - About 30ish laps of the 'Ring
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - A couple of parking tickets, no clamps though

Last edited:

Che

Che

Associate
1. Number of years driving: A year and three months
2. Average mileage per year: Less than 5,000 probably
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault: None
4. Number of cars you've written off: None
5. Number of points you've ever acrued on your license: None
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road: Around 143 mph indicated (in a modern A4 so should be reasonably accurate)
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No): Not really
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user: Quite surprisingly never!
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count): Every other time I drive
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar: None
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp: None but I should have one time (damn Milton Keynes!)

Che

Che

Associate
Don't worry about posting how fast you've all been, we're all bragging to make our cyber personas look cool aren't we? ;) I've admitted to loads of stuff I shouldn't have on the net, just don't go saying what you plan to do :p

Associate
1. Number of years driving - 3
2. Average mileage per year - 6000
3. Number of accident claims that were your fault - 0 (no claims but i did lose control of my car in wet condiditons on a roaundabout when "trying" to drive quickly, resulting in bruised bumpers and a dented alloy!
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 115 (indicated, actual was around 100 going by the GPS readouts ive now had at slower speeds)
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - No!
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - Never
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - 4 or 5 times (is it me or are there a lot of idiots on the roads?)
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - Go-Karting twice
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp - 3 parking tickets (GF lives in a permit holders only area and ive been caught out a few times)

NS

Soldato
Mr_Sukebe said:
Merlin has started with a "rate your own" ability.
Here's a few questions to make you think about how you actually drive:

1. Number of years driving - 4 in April
2. Average mileage per year - 15k
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - Im genuinely not sure on this one... I stopped looking at the speedo in the CTR at about 155, but i was at about 4.5k rpm in the VXT I took out when I was flooring it in top... dont think ive taken any of my test drive cars out at under 120 ish really...... nearly beat you merlin ... must try harder ;)
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) yes
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - only a couple
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - a few, I dont like people pulling out on me just before I overtake
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - attended the Three Sisters Racing school nr Wigan (for race driver scholarship program, unsuccessful, but gained enough 'points' to be told to come back next year with a bit more experience) and was attending karting at the local track every sunday, and was about half a second off the record lap time, consistantly being the fastest on the track and winning a few trophys
11. Number of times you've received a parking fine, ticket or clamp- 0

I'll add my own thoughts shortly.
Would be intersting to compare peoples thoughts against some of the above.

I wonder if thats a shock to anyone...

Associate
1. Number of years driving - 0 (been driving 6 months)
2. Average mileage per year - 10,000
6. Fastest speed you've ever driven on a UK road - 110mph
7. Do you ever get involved in traffic light grand prix (Yes/No) - YES
8. Number of times you've rolled the window down to shout abuse at another road user - about 10
9. Number of times you've used the horn in anger at another road user (using the horn to warn others in a polite manner that you've there doesn't count) - about 20
10. Number of times you've been on a track, e.g. with your own car, kart racing or similar - 0

Back
Top Bottom