Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Associate
I've tried several BIOS versions and many timing variants including loose t14 timings at 3333, different voltages on SoC/DRAM and nothing will get my system above 3200. The 'fast' Ryzen calculator 3200 settings are completely stable. I'm guessing the IMC on the CPU is the limiting factor here. Would I be right in thinking there's no point running above the 3200 tight timings if it means 3333/3466 t16 timings from a performance perspective ?

Associate
Hey guys so I just got my set of this RAM but before I even explore overclocking etc. I just want to check some stuff to make sure all is working as it should be. In CPU-Z my timings are shown as the following with me having set XMP in Bios

Frequency: moves between 1598-1600Mhz
FSB DRAM 1:24
Row Refresh Cycle Time: 560 clocks (is this right?)
Command Rate 2T

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Soldato
Hey guys so I just got my set of this RAM but before I even explore overclocking etc. I just want to check some stuff to make sure all is working as it should be. In CPU-Z my timings are shown as the following with me having set XMP in Bios

Frequency: moves between 1598-1600Mhz
FSB DRAM 1:24
Row Refresh Cycle Time: 560 clocks (is this right?)
Command Rate 2T

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Yep, sounds about right. Obviously those settings can be dialed in much much faster................but for XMP settings that's about right.

Soldato
Hi

Just got this Ram today and just wanted to check with you guys if everything looks right or is there anything i can improve.
2echhjo.jpg

Running in XMP on my Z170.

Soldato
Anyone using this ram with an Asus strix x470-f gaming? I'm trying to decide which to get between this and the Flare x, but I don't think either are on the QVL for his board.

Soldato
Does anyone remember me saying that secondary dimm slots on boards are spec'd lower than primary which can be a reason people often have issues running fast ram on all 4 slots?

Well on my b450 manual asrock have openly admitted they spec'd the secondary slots lower, there is a sheet separate from the manual showing you the ram speeds supported by each slot (secondary is lower speeds), and also is repeated in the manual as well, so fair play to asrock now been open about it on their newer kit.

Soldato
I have this ram and am crashing randomly in some games. I'm running docp profile. Is there any chance I didn't get samsung b die?

Are you running x370?

1. Update your bios if not running latest.
2. If this doesn't solve the issue then drop the speed a notch. I have to run mine at 3133MHz for example for it to work with out crashing.

OcUK Staff
Anyone using this ram with an Asus strix x470-f gaming? I'm trying to decide which to get between this and the Flare x, but I don't think either are on the QVL for his board.
I tried it ages ago. Not sure what Bios version. It was working fine yes.... QVL is really BS on this platform... every Agesa code changes QVL and no one re validates each time they make a new Bios.

Associate
I'm running this memory on the Strix x470-F Gaming. Runs the DOCP profile fine, tightened the timings as well running sweet.

Back
Top Bottom