Tech related - I have never?

Soldato
Used Tiktok (because I'm not a teenage girl).
Owned an iPhone.
Owned an Xbox

My assumption would be that I would see some sort of virus related effect, weird things happening, crashes, some sort of indication. However, in 3 decades of PC use, I've had nothing untoward or unusual occur, so my assumption would be I've had none. Unless its the worlds most patient virus, remaining dormant for 30 years before activating :D

Entirely possible you are part of a botnet which is either a) sitting dormant waiting to be triggered or b) running very low resource usage operations in the background. Not saying it's definitely the case, but certainly not out of the question just because you've never seen any effects.

Paid for Windows. (All of my copies are legitimate, I've just never actually bought a copy)

I would guess you have "paid" for it indirectly in as much as it would be part of the cost of whichever device you've bought?

Capodecina
Soldato
Used Tiktok (because I'm not a teenage girl).

I have a Tiktok account. It's absolutely useless apart from for wasting time.

You can make money on Tiktok classically if

a] you're a teenage girl who likes dancing sexily in front of the camera and
b] you're a guy who likes doing prank videos

That's about it.

Man of Honour
Never livestreamed myself like those people who document every waking day of their lives to a streaming audience, or watched streams of people playing games. I cannot think of anything more mundane, and people actually watch and PAY these streamers for doing exactly that? Oh you managed to jump on top of that platform? Here's five bucks!

Not only that, but most of these streamers are overly exaggerating every reaction and being loud/obnoxious. I am a social media user and do understand tech more than most, but I don't get the appeal of watching people play a game when you can play it yourself, let alone paying people your own money to watch them play games and then prance about on a stream or "prank" people out and about in public for donations/likes. I only know of these because some compilation cringe channels I watch videos from and "worst of" compilations etc have some of these clips in their compilations, or when someone posts a video on the forums/reddit.

Soldato
Never livestreamed myself like those people who document every waking day of their lives to a streaming audience, or watched streams of people playing games. I cannot think of anything more mundane, and people actually watch and PAY these streamers for doing exactly that? Oh you managed to jump on top of that platform? Here's five bucks!

Not only that, but most of these streamers are overly exaggerating every reaction and being loud/obnoxious. I am a social media user and do understand tech more than most, but I don't get the appeal of watching people play a game when you can play it yourself, let alone paying people your own money to watch them play games and then prance about on a stream or "prank" people out and about in public for donations/likes. I only know of these because some compilation cringe channels I watch videos from and "worst of" compilations etc have some of these clips in their compilations, or when someone posts a video on the forums/reddit.

Ever watched someone playing golf, or tennis, or football?
Rugby perhaps?
No?

Man of Honour
Ever watched someone playing golf, or tennis, or football?
Rugby perhaps?
No?

I have not done any of those things, I would rather actually play them than watch them. Regardless, even if I did, I wouldn't then start chucking ££ at the players for suddenly screaming at the top of their voice when something random happens or being a drama queen on in front of the cameras.

Soldato
I have not done any of those things, I would rather actually play them than watch them. Regardless, even if I did, I wouldn't then start chucking ££ at the players for suddenly screaming at the top of their voice when something random happens or being a drama queen on in front of the cameras.

Not all streamers charge though, in the same way that not all football games or boxing matches are PPV..

Man of Honour
That is true, alright I will concede on that front!

Still, if I ever stream something, it will be for educational purposes to teach people a skill, not to shout and scream whilst doing normal things for internet credit.

V F

V F

Soldato
I have a Tiktok account. It's absolutely useless apart from for wasting time.

You can make money on Tiktok classically if

a] you're a teenage girl who likes dancing sexily in front of the camera and
b] you're a guy who likes doing prank videos

That's about it.

The frightening thing I find about this is, so many people seem to rave about that place. Including those that are 30 plus. What the hell...

The first time I heard about Tik Tok in 2020, I thought of that Gangnam crap.

Back
Top Bottom