Tempted, but should I be suspicious?

Associate
OP
Still not 100% convinced this will actually arrive. No tracking details and the DPD app has no record of a delivery for me.

Time will tell but I'm impatient, cracking deal if it does come through.

I'm not too concerned, still covered either way. I'll probably start a case if I don't have an update by the weekend.

Soldato
I ordered one of these from this seller a while back it never arrived I was also told it was despatched. Seller just claimed it must have been lost in post and refunded. TBH I never expected to get it. I wondered if it was just a scam interest free loan tactic or something ?

If you read the feedback there are no positive reviews for anyone receiving a new MacBook from what I remember.....

Associate
OP
Any update on this? I've been waiting intently for the last week :p, almost as bad as GoT.

Other than some people being told delivery by 21-23 and others being told within a month, no. I am glad I went for a refund when the ebay store removed all listings.

Soldato
Looks like another round of poor feedback has just been delivered, on the back of MacBooks not being delivered.

Worth a punt I suppose. I'll need to wait until 12 September until I can get my cash back though. I reported the seller this afternoon, but I doubt eBay will do anything about it.

Commissario
When will people learn, it's said so many times.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I held my tongue when I saw it but I wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole and I can't believe so many people did.

I hope you all get your refunds.

Soldato
So... a day before I can get eBay to issue a refund I thought I'd dig a little deeper. The seller, Millrace IT, also has a physical shop in Witham, Essex that has now closed. Millrace IT is a wholly owned subsidiary of a charity, InterAct. I thought about reporting them to the Charities Commission but then thought I'd give them a call to give them the opportunity to explain themselves.

After a couple of tries they eventually answered, somebody very junior sounding. Apparently Millrace IT is now in liquidation and they are in the process of issuing refunds. I left my details with the person and asked for somebody to call me back. and they'll apparently prioritise the refund. I mentioned my concerns and that I was thinking of reporting the incident to the Charities Commission - that resulted in utter panic.

I'm still not too bothered about the money, as eBay will sort things out in the next few days. After the conversation today though, I'm wondering if it is indeed worth sending a report to the Charities Commission? At best, and being very charitable if you'll forgive the pun, they tried a venture that's gone quite wrong and are now in the process of fixing it. At worst it is downright fraud.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
I dont doubt that the relationship and link between them is genuine - I'm more questioning the actions of Millrace IT leading up to today that happened while being owned by InterAct. If they've committed fraud then surely the Charities Commission would be interested?

Back
Top Bottom