Tennis

Was a tight match between them at the US Open two years ago.

The main surprise is that Tiafoe is playing so well despite struggling with injury this season.
I haven't heard of Tiafoe but I tend to only watch Queens and Wimbledon as I don't have sky.

I thought it would be all pretty straightforward for Alcaraz and if Tiafoe has been battling injury then it's even more impressive!

Soldato
Raducanu looking good again.

There's becoming less and less for the critics to moan about now. It was "Never beaten a top 10 opponent" she did that against Pegula. "Never past the 2nd round of a slam (since her USO win), done that here.

She'll face a qualifier next, which might give cause for concern, as she seems better against known named players.

Caporegime
Get the **** in Emma!

This version of Raducanu’s going places and there’s still a lot of room for improvement, skys the limit if she stays injury free.

Second week of Wimbledon, win or lose, is a fantastic achievement and gives her a lot to build on for the hard court season.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the sheer amount of stuff going on right now (Election, Euros, Murrays farewell etc etc) is doing Raducanu a favour as she’s flown pretty much under the radar so far.

Couple of years ago it would have been wall to wall coverage of her. It’ll ramp up next week if she keeps rolling but so far outside the sports media it’s not really hitting the headlines.

Soldato
I think the sheer amount of stuff going on right now (Election, Euros, Murrays farewell etc etc) is doing Raducanu a favour as she’s flown pretty much under the radar so far.

Couple of years ago it would have been wall to wall coverage of her. It’ll ramp up next week if she keeps rolling but so far outside the sports media it’s not really hitting the headlines.

That only makes a difference if she's sitting there day to day reading all the stuff. I doubt she is.

Back
Top Bottom