Tennis

Caporegime
Djokovic's lawyers just asked if he could be detained somewhere private to avoid a media circus and the judge said they should've thought about that before making the request so late. He's now properly ****** and stormed out :D

Caporegime
I'm right in thinking the majority want him out of the country?

The BBC article makes it difficult to discern who has support?

Personally I absolutely think he should be out. Can't have celebrity status walking over covid laws?

I mean this isn't England right? :D

(FYI I have no interest in tennis)

Associate
It is never good when a political decision ruins a sports event.

Nole should sue the Australian government for violating his human rights.
And even he is 9 time defending champion of the tournament.

What a bunch of stupid idiots.

**** you and **** your human rights bull****
As an Englishman living in Western Australia you have no idea of the things myself and millions of other Australians have gone through
Personally I haven’t been able to see my family for nearly 2yrs now. I have locked down, worn masks, been vaccinated etc. all because I have been asked by the leaders of WA and Australia to “do the right thing”. People in Victoria have had it far worse than I have. So please tell me exactly what human rights of this anti vax **** have been violated when he knew he wasn’t allowed to enter without been vaccinated. Don’t even think about trying to quote the bull**** PCR test. He never had COVID and knew all along what he was trying to do. **** this guy off out of this country now

Caporegime
It is never good when a political decision ruins a sports event.

Nole should sue the Australian government for violating his human rights.
And even he is 9 time defending champion of the tournament.

What a bunch of stupid idiots.

His human rights have not been violated, don't be daft. No one is making him having a vaccine against his will.

There is no human right that says you can't be deported from a country if you've lied on your visa application and you have no human right to take part in an international tennis competition (especially if you've lied to get into the host country).

Permabanned
His human rights have not been violated, don't be daft. No one is making him having a vaccine against his will.

There is no human right that says you can't be deported from a country if you've lied on your visa application and you have no human right to take part in an international tennis competition (especially if you've lied to get into the host country).

But his visa was issued in the first place and he was allowed to board the plane, right or wrong?

Violating of human rights means unnecessary medical measures and violation of free movement because of unlawful practices.

We will learn eventually that all those medical measures didn't help, in the end.

Associate
He failed the entry requirements as set out by Australia even though he had a visa required to board the plane. It's a separate and 2 part process. Just because you have a visa doesn't guarantee you entry to the country.

Caporegime
But his visa was issued in the first place and he was allowed to board the plane, right or wrong?
Violating of human rights means unnecessary medical measures and violation of free movement because of unlawful practices.

We will learn eventually that all those medical measures didn't help, in the end.

Come off it....

Having a VISA allowing you to travel isn't irreversible. Turn up with 6 pounds of coke strapped to your body, you think that VISA still stands? The pre-arrival form is very clear on the penalty for lying on the form and it looks like he completed that form dishonestly before travelling.

Here's what is on the website you go to fill in the form:

"Penalties and enforcement
The ATD requests critical health information. You must be able to provide evidence that the critical information was completed before boarding the aircraft. This is an enforceable requirement. A person who fails to comply with the requirement may be liable to a civil penalty (fine) of 30 penalty units (currently $6,660 AUD). This is set out in section 46 of the Biosecurity Act 2015.

Giving false or misleading information to the Australian Government is a serious offence. If convicted, the maximum penalty is imprisonment for 12 months.

States and territories may also apply penalties in order to enforce compliance with public health orders. This may include COVID-19 testing and self-isolation or quarantine requirements. If you do not comply with requirements including pre-departure and post-arrival testing, you may face serious penalties, including jail time or significant fines. Requirements may change at short notice."

He hasn't been subjected to any medical measures so that doesn't fly. No one is forcing him to have a vaccine.

Freedom of movement doesn't include entry to another country and never has.

All of this has been through the Australian legal process. How is it unlawful? Whose laws have been broken?

What medical measures haven't been effective? Regardless of the COVID/vaccination angle Australia are within their rights to kick him out purely based on his dishonest prearrival documentation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Come off it....

Having a VISA allowing you to travel isn't irreversible. Turn up with 6 pounds of coke strapped to your body, you think that VISA still stands? The pre-arrival form is very clear on the penalty for lying on the form and it looks like he completed that form dishonestly before travelling.

Should try that and say HUMAN RIGHTS!!!

Honestly, the whole situation is insane. He lied on an official document, that should be it. End of.

Soldato

Irrelevant. The Australian Border is at immigration in the airport. In this case Melbourne.

The Australian Border Force don't admit him to Australia as he boards the plane. That's not Australian territory. The airline checks the paperwork is present and correct, that's it. It's not Emirates responsibility to determine if the passenger lied on their forms.

Back
Top Bottom