Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
it'll be the same as T2, cameron will try and introduce some new clever cinema experience and come up w/ a plot to show it of, giving no thought at all to the plot (presumably cos there's no HE material to rip off again) and thereby eff up the lore for the excuse of looking smug.

Soldato
Just so I've got this straight, is the terminator the weedy lass in the midmiddlif so I wonder if she'll be like summer glaus one where they could even eat (series was cancelled too soon Imo).

Don
Just so I've got this straight, is the terminator the weedy lass in the midmiddlif so I wonder if she'll be like summer glaus one where they could even eat (series was cancelled too soon Imo).
Judging by the “scarring” I would think she would likely be.

I worry this has female leads to be trendy rather than having strong characters that just happened to be female like T1/T2 (hopefully Linda Hamilton’s character remains true to these films).

And they better be clever having Arnie back from a story point of view rather than just shoe horning him in for the sake of it.

Remaining open minded for now.

Soldato
first season of Chronicles was really good, second season was ridiculously stupid. it was like they deliberately decided to turn SG into River Tam again, and some of the future bits were just totally incomprehensible. went from a series i was itching to see the next episode of, to one i was glad got cancelled.

Soldato
Both T1 and T2 had some interesting underlying themes. In T2 the subplot of the Terminator becoming more human while Sarah turns into a cold blooded Terminator is unlikely to be beaten.

I just worry that everything that could be said has been said and that this will just be completely derivative as all the other sequels have been.

To make a sequel you need to have something to say and I don't believe there will be anything.

Soldato
To make a sequel you need to have something to say and I don't believe there will be anything.
which was exactly the problem w/ T2. for the excuse of another payday and to show of some CG, he utterly destroyed everything about the logic of the first film and set forth the "how many terminators actually came through and why didn't they just send them all at once if they had that many?" nonsense.

Soldato
which was exactly the problem w/ T2. for the excuse of another payday and to show of some CG, he utterly destroyed everything about the logic of the first film and set forth the "how many terminators actually came through and why didn't they just send them all at once if they had that many?" nonsense.

This is a fair point, I can think of various reasons to explain it. But leaving the time travel / Skynets logic aside T2’s main idea of switching a Terminator to the protector role was an idea that enabled much deeper ideas to be explored.

Without a new mechanic offering similar depth I just don’t see how you can equal the previous films.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Most likely only bring Arnie into it so he can get his arse handed to him by the superior Female Terminator...

Yes I am bitter! lol

Back
Top Bottom