Terminator, Robocop, judge dredd

Commissario
I'm tempted to suggest Robojox but that's possibly a bit too niche, in the far future disputes between national blocs aren't settled by war, they are settled the the pilots of giant robots, these elite pilots are the Robojox!(and i'm not wondering if i've remembered that from somewhere.
IIRC currently only available via the Arrow Fillms "Enter the video store" set (£59.99rrp although it was on sale last month for half price) I may have the set largely for that film:p

Soldato
As the thread appears to have reached the "name an obscure film no one else has yet mentioned" phase. I'd like to nominate the 1990 film Hardware. About a self-repairing robot which goes on a rampage. I remember there being a bit of a hoo-hah about this film when it was shown on Channel 4, not sure why now that I think about it. I remember it being quote a trippy film though.

Soldato
I'm tempted to suggest Robojox but that's possibly a bit too niche, in the far future disputes between national blocs aren't settled by war, they are settled the the pilots of giant robots, these elite pilots are the Robojox!(and i'm not wondering if i've remembered that from somewhere.
IIRC currently only available via the Arrow Fillms "Enter the video store" set (£59.99rrp although it was on sale last month for half price) I may have the set largely for that film:p
Is that a Japanese film? Cause that description has stirred some recognitions in the forgotten cellars of my brain

Commissario
Is that a Japanese film? Cause that description has stirred some recognitions in the forgotten cellars of my brain
US, but using models that I suspect may have originated/been very very heavily influenced by Japan ;) (or to be more precise Gundam)

There was at least one semi sequel (Crash & Burn), and possibly another.

Last edited:
Associate
As the thread appears to have reached the "name an obscure film no one else has yet mentioned" phase. I'd like to nominate the 1990 film Hardware. About a self-repairing robot which goes on a rampage. I remember there being a bit of a hoo-hah about this film when it was shown on Channel 4, not sure why now that I think about it. I remember it being quote a trippy film though.

I think it's because it was a direct copy/very strong homage of a 200AD future shock that they actually got sued for successfully.

Soldato
Even Arnie hates the film :D

Brigette Nielsen looked hot as hell though and was my 1st crush, the film is probably responsible for my love of red heads :p

Soldato
As the usual suspects have been recommended, I'll suggest something different. I've not seen it, but I've been recommended this on a "so bad it's good" basis.

It sounds tremendous! Like the films Channel 5 used to show when it first aired.

I mean just look at this. It puts the bar scene in Terminator 2 to shame...

so bad, its good. (that was ******* bad lol) although the music was pretty on point.

Back
Top Bottom