Terrorist attack in Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't think any significant protest can really go off smoothly, but if we're really going to go with the 'A few rotten apples' argument then it is true for everything then isn't it?
Point taken. I'm not thinking straight this morning, owing to toothache. :(

Soldato
Just depressing really, we shouldn't have to have in our minds that you could be murdered while enjoying a day out, but this is our reality for the foreseeable future, obviously you can never be 100% safe in life but this kind of random act just adds another level of anxiety and our government shares some of the blame as far as im concerned.

Caporegime
I suppose his statements will have contributed to that assessment, have the raids occurred yet?

Edit: Oh just seen that they have, hopefully he's just a lonewolf and that is the end of it.

Soldato
I just can't believe the regulars from both sides who spout this daily haven't had a "break" implemented. Aren't the mods meant to be the godfathers?

They revamped the rules and moderation style a few years ago with the intent on focusing on a "be kind" ethos and even minor infractions were dealt with swiftly, but it's long since fallen by the wayside unfortunately.

It was terror, then just murder, now it's terror again..

Lets hope they got it right this time.

It's the early stages of an investigation, they'll classify it as they see fit according to the information available at the time.

We don't need to do that here, since we actually have the other social support sectors in place and unlike the US don't rely on a militarised police force to cope with most facets of social problems

Agreed with the first part, disagree with the second; police in the UK spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with social issues and mental health either because the other services don't have the resources/capacity, or often simply refuse to get involved. It's a massive drain on resources.

Soldato
Agreed with the first part, disagree with the second; police in the UK spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with social issues and mental health either because the other services don't have the resources/capacity, or often simply refuse to get involved. It's a massive drain on resources.

True, after the ideology that was austerity, those sorts of services have had their funding reduced

Associate
My flat was a 2 minute walk from there(moved out in april). I used to go and sit in that park a lot, If I had used the covid-19 excuse to stay in my flat I could very well have been there when it was happening.

Reading has its rough areas but generally isn't to bad. You certainly wouldn't expect any trouble in that park.

Holy cow!
I used to live just outside Reading, and do have family in the area also.
Getting all too close for comfort.

Permabanned
Anybody who comes to this country be it economic migrants or asylum seekers should be instantly deported as soon as they commit crime. No second chances .

Quite, yet ANOTHER migrant who despite a criminal record is free to roam unchecked, these people are here due to the magnanimous kindness of the British nation and if they reciprocate by being criminals soon after they arrive they need removing. And before people say "where to, they have no documents" I counter with "no documents, absolutely no admittance". For the few who genuinely have "lost" all documentation, tough luck, life's hard, take better care of them, most have "lost" them because their real country of origin ridicules their claims for asylum.

Soldato
For those of you who said the BBC always describe the suspect by their colour like they did in the George Floyd murder, please could you point me in the direction of where his race is described in their reporting of this, as I'm struggling to find it.

Caporegime
For those of you who said the BBC always describe the suspect by their colour like they did in the George Floyd murder, please could you point me in the direction of where his race is described in their reporting of this, as I'm struggling to find it.

I've posted before how if it's a white guy they're very quick to point out he's white otherwise details tend to be slow and sparse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom