Terry Pratchett dies :(

Associate
The world is a darker place after losing such a talented man who brought humour, reality and perspective to so many.

I was lucky to meet him at a book signing in York about 10 years ago when he signed a copy of Thud for me.

Eloquent fellow indeed. R.I.P

Associate
Such a shame. Loved most of his books and very regularly read the Discworld novels. Even quite enjoy his old sci-fi novels, alhough his writing wasn't at his later standard.
RIP Sir Terry.

Commissario
I just heard it on the news, one of those heads up, gut sinking moments :(

RIP Sir Terry, one of the best and funniest authors :(

His books are some of the few that I can read, and reread and always enjoy, often finding something new thanks to his ability to put in layers of jokes and references.

I think I may start listening to the radio adaptation of Good Omens tonight (I bought the CD set but haven't had a chance to listen to it).

I don't know if intended (for satire reason?), but what a typo! 'Practcheet'. RIP :(

pratchett_zpswhfqujtz.png

Man of Honour
FROM THIS DAY FORTH, I SHALL ALWAYS WRITE ALL MY TEXTS, FORUM POSTS, EMAILS AND HANDWRITING IN CAPITALS FOR THE WHOLE OF THE DAY EVERY 12TH MARCH IN HIS HONOUR.

Soldato
Terry Practchett said:
No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away, until the clock wound up winds down, until the wine she made has finished its ferment, until the crop they planted is harvested. The span of someone’s life is only the core of their actual existence
:(

Indeed, due to the legacy he has left behind it will be a long time until he truely dies. Makes me think his gravestone should read "I aint dead"

Most famous pass away and I am not usually that bothered but genuinely saddened by this. I have read all his discworld books and relatively recently started collecting them all, only a few off and I should finish the collection.

Soldato
I'm slightly ashamed to say I've never read any of his work although I am of course aware of the awe he was held in by his peers and millions of fans. That said, as someone who's father in law has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimers I know only too well how much of an utterly abhorrent and horrid condition this is.

RIP, Sir Terry.

Back
Top Bottom